cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install firmware update

AR3S_Communist
Level 2
Hi there,
I have two Oculus Rift kits with extra sensors on the side.
One of the kits is faulty and I have to send it back (Colored lines appear and obstruct the majority of my view). However, when testing I could install the firmware update successfully.
However, the one that does work (or at least the last I tested it, which was about 6 weeks ago, cannot install the firmware update. I click update now at the top, then click install update at the bottom left of the window, and bars appear saying 'updating',' rebooting', 'writing to rift' but then it says firmware error and i go to click retry and it says that the update was successful. It then proceeds to display that an update is required for my device, which is the headset I had just updated. I can click this to update but there is no loading screen and it instantly displays firmware updated and keeps looping. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

sarsky
Level 2
Same problem here. I tried to install Nvidia drivers update. Then tried oculus again after a reboot. Stil stuck. My games are blocked, I can't do anything, The rift is as useless as a jar on my shelf.

sarsky
Level 2
Same problem here. I tried to install Nvidia drivers update. Then tried oculus again after a reboot. Stil stuck. My games are blocked, I can't do anything, The rift is as useless as a jar on my shelf.