cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to Oculus Move through Facebook on Quest 2

GJ24
Explorer

I've been wanting to try out the Oculus Move app on my Oculus Quest 2 but I haven't been able to log in. I've been trying for many months and always have the same issue which is the following:

1. I launch the Move app and it asks me to log in with Facebook
  2. I press the button to log in with Facebook and it asks me to read some terms of service
  3. I scroll down the terms and accept and try to log in with Facebook
  4. Then it tell me to continue the login process on my phone
  5. I try to click the notification on my phone and it takes me to Oculus phone app page where I can turn on the "Log in with Facebook" setting. However, that setting is already turned on so nothing happens.

I have tried to turn off the setting and turn it back on but when I try to turn it off it says:

"something went wrong. We're having trouble completing your request. Please try again."
so the setting stays on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @GJ24! We hate to hear you're still having issues. Please try factory resetting your device after verifying your Oculus cloud has been setup to save your compatible game progress. If the issue is not resolved just submit a PM with us, so we can help out! 

To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey GJ24! We know how important it is to have access to all the goodies that come with Meta, and we definitely want to help you resolve this! Please make sure that your Oculus app is up to date with the current patch, and if so try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Let us know if this works.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for replying. I had the latest version so I did as you suggested and uninstalled and then reinstalled. However, I'm still having the same issue.

Clicking the notification on my phone still just takes me to the settings to enable log in with Facebook but it's already enabled and can't be disabled.

If instead of trying to log in with my phone I choose "Stay in VR" to manually enter my facebook user and password, the window closes and takes me back to the first screen that has the button to log in with Facebook so I can't even log in manually.

Hey @GJ24! We hate to hear you're still having issues. Please try factory resetting your device after verifying your Oculus cloud has been setup to save your compatible game progress. If the issue is not resolved just submit a PM with us, so we can help out! 

To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot, probably over the weekend. In addition to deleting my game progress, will a factory reset also get rid of all installed apps? What about personal files like movies, screenshots, etc?

Good hearing back from you! 

We have a tool called the Oculus Cloud ,and with this, you will be able to Factory Reset your device without losing all your headset's data and game progress. 

Please click the link provided to ensure that you have Oculus Cloud enabled. Once it's enabled you can proceed to Factory Reset your device with no issues. 

If you happen to run into any issues, we will always be here to assist you! 

So while I see my apps and games listed in the Oculus Cloud page but the "last backup time" is not the latest for some of them. How do I force an Oculus Cloud sync of the current state of the apps/games?

GJ24
Explorer

The factory reset worked and it logged me in automatically to Oculus Move! Thanks!

Hey there, you are absolutely welcome! Remember we are always here to help, if you ever need 1on 1 support for more complex Quest issues please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?