cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play game that I re-purchased

SlightlyBurntToast05
Honored Guest

I re-purchased Blade & Sorcery Nomad after previously refunding it, and now when I try to load the game it keeps saying that I need permission from a parent to play the game, even though I never set up parental controls and my account is the admin account for the headset.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We'd love to look into this with you. Please PM us or click HERE to submit a support ticket, and be sure to include a screenshot of any messages you get when trying to launch the game. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tortuga_0511
Honored Guest

Same thing has just happened to my son who had been playing and now there is a parental control preventing him from playing

Hey there, 

We see there is a little issue involving you not being able to purchase a game/ playing a game. It seems you're unable to due a parental control lock on your son's  device. Down below we will go ahead and provide you with how you can access the Parental Supervision in the headset settings. 

1. Open the Oculus mobile app
  2. Tap (three line menu) More
  3. Tap Parental Supervision
  4. Tap the (settings cog icon) to access your parental supervision settings.

The available settings include: 

•  Block Oculus Link: Link and Air Link allow the teen’s Quest headset to access additional apps by connecting the headset to a computer through a Link cable or wirelessly via Air Link. When turned on, the teen will need to request permission from the parent before they can connect their headset to a PC. 

• Notifications: Adjusts parental supervision notification settings and how they appear on the parent's phone or in VR. Making adjustments to notifications won’t change or affect the teen’s notifications, but the teen will be able to see which notifications have been turned on.
  •  Disconnect From Parent/Teen: Removes the parent account from the teen account. This option can’t be reversed. To re-setup the parental supervision for the teen account, the teen will need to send a new invite to the parent account. This option is available to both the teen and parent accounts.

By default users will not be able to purchase, download or use apps that aren't rated as appropriate for their age. For example, if the teen is 13 they will not be able to access a game rated ages 17 and up without permission from the parent account. 

We would like to provide you with a link: https://www.oculus.com/blog/introducing-future-vr-parental-supervision-tools-to-help-support-familie... This link will provide you with more in-depth information and details on how you can use the Parental Control feature. 

We hope this bit of information was helpful and if you happen to have any questions or concerns feel to hit us up! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?