cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't record anymore - Oculus now using NVENC dlls!

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you record with shadowplay you are probably wondering why you can't record anymore. Unless I am the only one and this is just a bug for me, OVRServer now uses the NVENC dll files for something and therefore shadowplay can't record anymore. 

This is pretty bad, as now the only way to record is x264 with something like OBS and that is really laggy due to it's CPU overheads...

Oculus, why did you do this? :neutral:

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I record a lot of this stuff for my channel.
6 REPLIES 6

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Maybe it's the version shadowplay you are using? I just did a quick test and was able to record the Dragonfront Beta with no issues. I have reverted back to an older version of Shadowplay though as the new one sucks balls with its pop up messages every time you start recording (unless they've patched that now?).

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was using the latest shadowplay. But I can't record with OBS either. Someone else said they could so I am at a loss now

Anonymous
Not applicable
It works fine if I close OVRServer.exe

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're investigating the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for looking into it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any update on this?