cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reset oculus password because it is merged with Facebook account

smurfio
Honored Guest

I am trying to download the oculus rift app on my gaming laptop and it is asking me to put in my oculus password. I have forgotten it so I pressed the 'forgot password' button and it led me to a website wanting me to put my email in, and once I did it just said, 'You merged this Oculus account with a Facebook account. Please go back and log in with Facebook.' I logged in with Facebook, it didn't do anything. I cannot reset my Oculus password. Please help.

35 REPLIES 35

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, thank you for bringing this to the community! We understand how inconveniencing this is to you. Let's see if this article will help and if it doesn't please send us a support ticket here. Kindly include all of the troubleshooting steps that you have tried. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

auddie.williams.7
Honored Guest

How do I reset my password

Hey there auddie.williams.7, we know just how important your password is and we'd be more than happy to provide the steps on resetting it for you!

You can click here for instructions, or you can also see the steps below:

If you Forgot your password:

If you log in to Oculus using your Facebook account and you forgot your password, you can get a code to reset your password using the phone number or email associated with your Facebook account.

If you need to Change your password:

If you log in to Oculus using your Facebook account and you want to change your password, you can change your Facebook password.

Let us know if you need any additional help or have any other questions or concerns!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again! We just wanted to check back in and see if you were still needing some assistance with resetting your password or if you were able to successfully update it?

sermarfacebook
Honored Guest

I have exactly the same issue, it's just a loop. I made this account just so I can write this article because I can't log in with my main account.

I already know my Facebook account mail and password.

binaHpunkt
Explorer

Es waren beide Konten mit einander verknüpft? Habe ich das richtig verstanden?

In dem Fall wäre der oculus login der Button: mit Facebook anmelden

Hi sermarfacebook! We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with resetting your password. We'd be happy to look into this with you. Please send us a private message with the details of your issue as well as your account information (full name, alias, email on your account), and we'll move forward from there. 👍

Hello again! We wanted to check in to see if you still needed assistance with your account. We're here if you need us.

Please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Sergorov
Honored Guest

Hello, I have the same problem. I just get looped back to "login with facebook". If that was possible I would not need to reset my oculus password! So how on earth can I do this? The link to https://www.facebook.com/login/identify  does not contain any information on this whatsoever. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?