cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update a game app

MRoe1
Honored Guest

I purchased The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. It needed updating, and would not update, error said to check my connection, (which is fine) or go to support, (no help). Restarted computer, logged out and relogged back into Oculus Rift, So no I try and uninstall, now it won't re install. What do I try next????

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey MRoe1, thanks for reaching out! We are aware that some people are not able to properly install apps on your Quest library. If you have a game or app that seems stalled for more than a few hours, ensure that you have the Cloud Backup feature enabled then perform a factory reset. Once completing these steps, the updates should resume. Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Can't seem to find how to start cloud backup, can you guide me please, as I do not see the option in the settings

Hey MRoe1, thanks for the resopnse! To turn cloud backup on or off, we've left some instructions below!

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select  Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

We hope this answers any questions you may have! Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Now that I have backed up my software. Am I supposed to do a hardware reset, or software reset, especially since I was having the problem when I was using my Rift headset and am still having the problem and have upgraded to Quest 2 headset? If software reset, will that uninstall all my games and I have to restore or re-download them again?

You should do a full factory reset using these steps. You would have to re-download everything again, but the updating and installing bug should be fixed after the factory reset! The Rift and the Quest 2 are very different, software-wise, which is why this fix would work for the Quest 2 and not the Rift. After trying it, let us know if you have any other questions! We're always happy to help. 🙂

I think I may have figured out what's wrong. I don't think they will download due to they may not be compatible with Quest 2, I'm speaking of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Loading Human. I looked on the game manufactory's web site and the Oculus site and the Quest 2 is not listed. I tried doing a software reset within the Oculus software, which did still did not allow me to download the two games. I don't see what resetting the headset would do, as it seems to be computer/software issue. Plus I have my virus protection and firewall disabled. Not sure where to go from here expect giving up on playing those two games.  

MRoe1
Honored Guest

Also have noticed other games I purchased when I was using Rift, that don't show Quest 2 compatibility when looking at the info through the store. Will try playing them in Quest 2 and see I guess. Am somewhat disappointed at this point.......