cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update some if not most games

assettomio
Level 5
For some games (I've got a pretty big list of pending updates) I need to install additional 3rd party software it says, but instead of then getting the popup to install said software, I keep getting popups like "Recordstore19: record must have id", and "Recordstore18: record must have id", and at some point I even got an error message saying "OVR63904737"..
I have tried several reboots, I had tried disabling the firewall and antivirus all together, I have tried downloading the oculus setup tool and doing a repair, I have tried logging out and logging back in, and I have tried all those things while force starting windows update, none of these things made any difference..
Anybody got any ideas? They'd be appreciated

27 REPLIES 27

assettomio
Level 5
Anyone?

cybereality
Level 15
You can try completely uninstalling Oculus and starting fresh. You will lose your games though and have to redownload.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

assettomio
Level 5
I'll give it a go, but how is that different than the repair option?

cybereality
Level 15
It could help because it will remove games and other data that may have been corrupted.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

assettomio
Level 5
Well I uninstalled oculus home, then reinstalled it with the setup, but after going through the whole set up rift process all the games were still there, uninstalling only uninstalled oculus home, and I'm still greeted with this screen here:

I have no idea where this comes from or what other things I can try, only thing I can think of is I'm using a vpn, which I've been using continuously for about 2 years now, and cannot turn off, but I doubt that that's it because I've never had this problem before in all this time

cybereality
Level 15
Let me check with the team.

assettomio
Level 5
Sure man thanks, appreciate it
By the way I don't seem to be the only one, there's a topic here with people that seem to have a similar issue: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/65487/error-message-recordstore18-record-must-have-...

cybereality
Level 15
I see. Okay.

assettomio
Level 5
@cybereality I just now tried again, and got the same message at first when trying to update a game, recordstore19, and then all of a sudden an oculus update started downloading, 11 updates actually..
When it was done it started updating, and restarted with only 3 updates left out of the list of like 20 updates or something, which btw all 3 have now updated successfully, so it seems the problem is fixed  for some reason..
However I don't know wether or not all of the other games that needed updating have actually been updated now, or simply ignored