Razzdaddi
Honored Guest

I was wondering since my right controller broke if I could just buy a new one

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You can buy replacements from the Oculus store.  They sometimes are sold out but usually get restocked every few weeks.

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2/

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

You can buy replacements from the Oculus store.  They sometimes are sold out but usually get restocked every few weeks.

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/quest-2/

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Kklou
Explorer

yes their avaliable from store online or google search nearest decent retailer

kojack
MVP
MVP

It depends on which controller you mean and which region you are in (america and canada tend to run out of stock faster than europe and asia).

Quest 2 controllers are available as Tom linked above.

Quest 1, Rift CV1 and Rift-S controllers are no longer available.

(Rift-S and Quest 1 are compatible with each other's controllers. Rift CV1, Quest 1 and Quest 2 controllers aren't compatible with any other model of headset. For example Quest 2 controllers only work with a Quest 2)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@kojack So, are you saying that Rift S and Quest 1 controllers are never going to be restocked?  Have you contacted Oculus Support to confirm this?  Thanks mate.

The Rift-S is discontinued and the Quest 1 is probably being swept under the rug to not distract from the Quest 2.

Right now no region has Rift-S/Quest 1 controllers, which didn't happen to the CV1 until it was completely discontinued and all stock drained. Until then there were always some (maybe just left controllers, the right ones sold faster) in europe long after America ran out.

But there's always a chance Oculus will resume manufacturing. I doubt it though.

Most likely they've learned from the CV1 and Oculus has stock piled the remaining controllers for a couple of years of warranty replacements, rather than allowing people to buy up the last of the stock as backups they might not need.

On the positive side, the CV1 remote is still for sale. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@kojack I'm pretty sure the original poster was after Q2 controllers so these should be available for some time to come.  Sometimes in/out of stock but restocked fairly frequently.  Since all Q2's are still under warranty anyone with a broken controller should initially contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Even if the person banged theirs up Oculus is often pretty generous about suppling replacements.

As far as Rift S and Q1 controllers go.  If these are broken and still under warranty then obviously persons should contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  If they are out of warranty I think that they should still contact Oculus Support and hopefully they will be able to accommodate them, maybe using warranty stock. 

You make a good point about people buying up stock they will probably never need.  I know I've been guilty of do this on occasion in the past.  Cheers mate.

Rizza09
Honored Guest

I've been tying for two months to get one, I go on it everyday and everyday it's out of stock