cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add payment option and I've now submitted three tickets but had no response - WTF

Ulbrick
Level 3

I've submitted three tickets now (Four including this one) and haven't gotten any response about not adding payment to my account, this is totally unacceptable now, It has been three months - wtf is going on with this god-awful support and customer service?

17 REPLIES 17

Ulbrick
Level 3

Support tickets.

Earliest one - 3225318 (August time)

September - 3313693

September Again - 3343587

Most recent one - 3397459

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey Ulbrick, 

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention, this is not how we want our gamers to experience customer service. I see that you currently have two open tickets, I went ahead and merged the two tickets and left a note to the agent working it to reach out with a update. We appreciate your continuous patience as we look into the best options available to resolve this for you.

Have a great week! 

It's great that you've done that however I've waited three months for a response, and not gotten one, so merging the two just to have now one ignored isn't going to do any favours for anyone.

THey can now just look at one and go "Well, lol, let's ignore that some more".

It is not acceptable.

Am I ever going to get a response?

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We apologize for the delayed response. We're here to help! Adding payment information can be done in different ways. First, let us offer you these options. Please try the following:

• Try adding your payment method from our app, or by logging into our website. Once logged in, please navigate to My Payment Methods.
  • Try adding the payment method from our website using a different browser. (i.e. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.)
  • Try adding the payment method from another device completely. (i.e. another computer, phone, or tablet.)Try adding the payment method from within virtual reality by using your headset.
  • Try adding the payment method while connected to a different network. (another Wi-Fi network, or cellular data connection on phones, if available).
  • Some non-residential networks may cause this issue. (i.e. business, public, government, military, etc).
  • Certain network security settings may cause this issue, even on residential networks (i.e. antivirus, firewall, proxy, router-specific settings).

If you've tried all of those options and the issue still persists, please continue below to review the payment methods accepted, and other potential causes of this issue.

PAYMENT METHOD TYPES

Some payment issues could be tied to the form of payment. For customers within the United States, we accept the following payment methods:

• VISA
  • MasterCard
  • AMEX - American Express transactions with our payment system must be in USD.

We cannot guarantee what payment method types will or will not work for customers outside of the United States. However, most of the types listed above will work in other countries that we ship to. Please click here to review the list of those countries.

PAYPAL

If you wish to use PayPal, please note the following:

• Your PayPal account must be verified. Unverified accounts will not work.
  • Your billing address for PayPal must be in a country that we ship to. Please click here to review the list of those countries.
  • For customers who are contacting Oculus Support from the Asia-Pacific region, a credit card or bank account must be associated with your PayPal account.

PRE-PAID CARDS / GIFT CARDS

For a pre-paid or gift card to work with our systems, it must be associated with a billing address and be able to have funds reloaded back onto it.

Many gift cards do not meet both of these criteria so they cannot be added.

E-CARDS AND VIRTUAL MASTERCARDS

Most E-cards and virtual Master Cards are accepted as forms of payment.

CREDIT CARD RESTRICTIONS

Some debit/credit cards may have purchase restrictions. Some examples include: currency, transaction amount, international purchases, etc.

Also, any payment method that is issued by an organization such as a business, government, or armed forces may have additional restrictions.

Please check with your bank or card provider to ensure that your card does not have any restrictions that could be affecting the interaction with our payment system.

UNITED KINGDOM POSTAL CODE

For customers within the United Kingdom, we have a specific postal code format required for our payment system. Please make sure that your postal code is written with the following format: XX# #XX

(example postal code with proper UK formatting: AB4 5CD)

Please note that there must be a space between the first 3 and last 3 characters.

EUROPEAN UNION - PSD2

For customers within the European Union, you may have to complete additional authentication with your bank as part of the Second Payment Service Directive (PSD2).

Please click here for our article regarding this security change.

For further information, please click here for the European Central Bank's official page regarding PSD2.

Again, we apologize for the delayed response and hope that you find this information helpful.

Thanks! 🙂

I've already gone through this, twice now, and sadly it hasn't helped at all.

I've tried with different cards, my partners cards, different paypals etc it just does not work, I've tried in the app, on the website and using the headset and I've also tried using different network connections.

It's simply an issue with the account that your side needs to fix, but seems averse to fixing.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello, thanks for your prompt reply! We would need to gather pertinent information from you to be able to further assist. At this point, we recommend that you submit another support ticket and include any previous ticket numbers for further assistance by clicking here. We're always glad to help. Thanks! 🙂

I was told not to submit a further ticket as that delays me actually getting a response.

And I've already given a ton of information about this, and sent you my past tickets in the message I sent to you.

I'm wanting to continue this discussion with you here as you actually seem to be responding, but can you understand where I'm coming from? It's been three months, I've repeatedly tried the same thing, and Oculus isn't being very supportive ALONGSIDE giving me mixed messages about tickets.

Ulbrick
Level 3

If you have the ability to directly contact them about this, you have my ticket numbers and I'd appreciate using this as a way of communicating rather tahn waiting on someone else - as you appear to actually be able to do what your role is as opposed to everyone else I've spoken to so far.