cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot re-install Oculus software after removing it

Frillen
Honored Guest
Today I wanted to play with my Oculus Rift, but none of the sensors was responding.
I did change the usb-port to where my headset and sensors were attached and added a Xbox One controller a few days earlier, so I tried to run the sensor update and it just went into a loop where I couldn't do anything, tried a lot of different usb ports, but nothing helped, the oculus app just wouldn't go out of this loop, after a restart I managed to get it out of the loop, but now the app wanted me to update the app, and instead it went into a loop asking me to update every time it automatically restarted, so I decided to completely remove the oculus app and now it just says can't connect to oculus server as if I don't have an internet connection which I do, anybody haqve a clue what to do now?

EDIT:
I have searched this bug and none of the solutions I found worked.
I have tried disabling antivirus and firewalls with no difference.
There is 264 GB free space on system disc and all drivers are up to date including Windows.
I am on a very stable internet cabled connection (500mbit/100mbit), so I cannot imagine that this should be the problem.

My Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: 16 GB
System disc: SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

I tried to attached my Oculus setup log file, hoping someone can see why it won't connect, but I get a failed upload notice, so I am trying with a dropbox link instead...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojiz9fja3az267h/OculusSetup.log?dl=0

kt2bl0o3k0fo.png
1 REPLY 1

Frillen
Honored Guest
A little update where I have tried several things to see if I could solve my Oculus setup connection problems...
  1. Tried installing Oculus setup program on my sons computer, but this also failed with a connection error.
  2. Tried installing Oculus setup program on my wifes computer, but this also failed with a connection error.
  3. Tried connecting wireless from my computer to our router + a reset of the router, still connection error in the setup program.
  4. Set up a hotspot using my mobile phone and connected my computer wireless to it, this time the Oculus setup program went through and started downloading.
    I then plugged the network cable back into my computer and turned of hotspot on my mobile, the download paused a few seconds and then continued downloading the rest using a cabled internet connection.
I didn't do anything but just run the setup program(not even as administrator), antivirus, firewall was left on and it just worked, this is so weird, but seems to work, everything is set up and works, although I had the usual problems trying to find a stable usb port setup.
I am also still haunted by some weird issues in a few selected games, where the screen frequently freeze for several seconds at a time while sound keeps playing, but if I ALT+TAB to something that will cover the VR game output on my monitor, then everything is smooth as butter  ::smiley:
I really hope the devs will find a way to make this setup program more stable because I think there are a lot of people out there with unsolved setup problems.