cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update apps on Oculus Home - please help!

PayneSculptures
Level 3

Hello Oculus friends!

I'm having a strange problem where I cannot update my Rift apps that currently have pending upgrades to install. Each one will download and then it just tries to install the update (counts from 1 - 100%) and the I get an error message saying: "Sorry, Oculus home could not installl *name of application*. Try contacting support."

I have home 1.11. The pending upgrades are Medium 1.04, Dead and Buried, Lucky's Tale, Bigscreen Beta.

Other notes: I have tried closing and reopening home, signing out and back into home, restarting the computer...even The beta reset.

Thoughts? Have any of you experienced this?

26 REPLIES 26

cybereality
Level 16
Also, this is commonly a permissions or security issue. You may want to try disabling anti-virus and (if that doesn't work) reinstall the Oculus app to a better folder with proper permissions (for example, something like E:/Oculus would probably work fine).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MadWolf7
Level 3
I did both of those and by the way, it has never been a problem before?

MadWolf7
Level 3
Seems to be related to Dead and Buried and Hulu update, other updates have gone through

MadWolf7
Level 3
Seems to be related to Dead and Buried and Hulu update, other updates have gone through.

Here is the old ticket #328092
I just did another #328609

MadWolf7
Level 3
thanks for the help

Bailey618
Level 2
I have had the same problem and eventually uninstalled oculus BIG mistake as it now wont let me reinstall oculus set up and I have lost the lot. it has told me to contact support which I have.... here s hoping

MadWolf7
Level 3
Fixed it!!!! Myself,     Disable McAffee antivirus completely, turn off
the scanner, not the firewall, and bammm it downloads and loads! And no
one could tell us that. Good Luck

MadWolf7
Level 3
UNBELIEVABLE!!

cybereality
Level 16
Awesome! Glad to hear it's working now and thanks for following up. However, to be fair, I did suggest earlier today to disable anti-virus, and I see in your ticket that was the first thing support asked as well. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Percy1983
Level 9
Just tried disabling anti virus (windows defender) no joy.

Games are installed on D:\Oculus
Main program C:\Program Files\Oculus

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w