cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

pbutcher
Protege

Snoey said:

I believe that among us, people browsing this thread, there is alerady few people working in some IT News website making an article about it.

Multimilionare company defeated by the expiry date   😄

I wouldn't blame them for making such an article. I've lost an afternoon of collecting data for a user study because of this.

Henri1970
Adventurer
any word anywhere?! checked facebook, twatter?

Hallefex
Explorer

Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 

lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!

I got mine just 4 hours ago, I'm not kidding !  :'(

LZoltowski
Champion
Its 8 AM in California, I'm sure people are just getting into work.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Aymito2
Expert Protege

Just going to throw my cry among the rest!

HELP!!!! 

I'm already going to have to contact Amazon about a replacement because one of my controllers is defected.

Really Loud Mouse Clicks and BATTERY life diminishes extremely quickly, and I've barely used it...

I hope this issue gets resolved because I just purchased a third sensor and was finally enjoying developing in VR Mode in UE4 

I'd hate to go VIVE I heard they have many software and hardware issues also and support seems to be a nightmare...

I don't need that stress 

The click will get better with time, as for battery life ...try to avoid haptic feedback in the controller where possible as it consume lots of power

pbutcher
Protege

Its 8 AM in California, I'm sure people are just getting into work.

I'm sorry, but for an issue like this, that's no excuse I'm afraid.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hackers? Nope.

Apocalypse? Nope.

The ban of VR headsets worldwide? Nope.

An expiration date? Yep.

An expiration date took down the Oculus Rift.

onemoreblue
Explorer

Just going to throw my cry among the rest!

HELP!!!! 

I'm already going to have to contact Amazon about a replacement because one of my controllers is defected.

Really Loud Mouse Clicks and BATTERY life diminishes extremely quickly, and I've barely used it...

I hope this issue gets resolved because I just purchased a third sensor and was finally enjoying developing in VR Mode in UE4 

I'd hate to go VIVE I heard they have many software and hardware issues also and support seems to be a nightmare...

I don't need that stress 

From all my research Vive seemed to be the better product. I only picked up the rift because it was cheap and I wanted to be sure I'd enjoy VR before investing in a Vive Pro, whenever they release it.  Well that and the bigger game base without needing to use 3rd party software.

Henri1970
Adventurer
i do not work in IT but we do have people on call....like 24/7

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
I'm seeing some weird stuff going with the certificate still.
After the latest update I see 2 new signing time stamps, ‎Friday, ‎February ‎2, ‎2018 12:16:32 AM for live and ‎Friday, ‎March ‎2, ‎2018 03:04:39 AM for public beta.
(Which is weird since you would expect the same certificate for both builds - like before)

When I then inspect the certificate I see the old one again with signing date of 21st of May 2015.
Already cleared my Windows certificate cache trough certutil but same thing going on.