cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

LinusOnTheGo
Protege
It's kinda of fascinating that Oculus don't see the value in just give us a short message, informing us they are looking at the problem.

LinusOnTheGo
Protege

Sakkura said:

Together with Oculus' inability to colaborate with Nvidia to create properly working drivers for MORE THAN HALF A YEAR now, the expiration of a DLL and a GLOBAL BLACK-OUT of their hardware is the SUPERB PINNACLE OF AMATEURISM AND INCOMPETENCE.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire company was run by one guy on a couch (who's still asleep, so he can't respond to the global black-out of his hardware).

RIDICULOUS!

Nvidia's driver issues are Nvidia's responsibility. AMD hasn't been having those issues, so clearly the problem is not on Oculus' end.

Nvidia is not well known for how the work and give support to companies around them. Sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ

Bluecheez
Explorer
Changing the Time of the PC to yesterday or few hours before works as long as you don't: 

-re-sync the time to UTC
-close and restart OculusClient.exe 
-Reboot or shutdown with ''set Time Automatically'' in Control Panel under ''Time and Language''

By the time I found this post, I manage to re-install Oculus software 3X in the past 4 hours, This is over 15 GB of download. That's is a lot of 1 and 0. 

cap-18-2-2017
Explorer
is there an official reply yet any fixes

BadDanME
Expert Protege

cap-18- said:

is there an official reply yet any fixes

Nope, nothing.

Henri1970
Adventurer

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Oculus is focused on making it possible to experience anything, anywhere through the power of virtual reality technology."

As long as it doesn't expire like the milk in your fridge.

MahaKapalin
Explorer
i just wish i knew before i reinstalled it for 2 times... as now i have a mess in my home menu...
all sort of programs that should not be there...
someone has neglected his responsibility... now we have to wait and mess around with windows clock...
a simple message form oculus on this yesterday would have been so nice...

DaRealHoody
Honored Guest
Reseting the date seems not to work when you have just installed the game, I can start the software after changing the date and restarting, but I'm not able to run my new games

pbutcher
Protege

Bluecheez said:

Changing the Time of the PC to yesterday or few hours before works as long as you don't: 

-re-sync the time to UTC
-close and restart OculusClient.exe 
-Reboot or shutdown with ''set Time Automatically'' in Control Panel under ''Time and Language''

By the time I found this post, I manage to re-install Oculus software 3X in the past 4 hours, This is over 15 GB of download. That's is a lot of 1 and 0. 

I found this thread after a repair install and a reinstall, 10GB of download :smiley: