cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Track Headset SOLVED

dotdotdot
Honored Guest
I am stuck in the oculus configuration, just past the boundary creation and eye distance setup. 
When I look through the headset, I am often placed outside of the boundaries I created. Though my 'hands' can be seen, they are in the boundary and not where my sensors are, and move according to my movement. The actual boundary can be off to the side, it varies. When I pull the triggers, I read that my headset cant be tracked and to either move further from the sensors, etc.

My sensors are plugged into USB 2.0s (though Ive tried changing them every which way)
I have updated my motherboard USBs, BIOS, my graphics card is up to date, etc etc
I have tried changing the distance and height of the sensors (currently a little over three feet apart and about 5 ft high)
I have tried unplugging and plugging back in the lead HDMI of the rift

Specs:
GPU - Geforce 1060 6gb
MB - Asus M5A97 LE 2.0
CPU - AMD FX8320
7 REPLIES 7

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
So your hands are within the play area that has been shifted? As in, not where your real hands are? But your HMD vison is somewhere off to the side of the play area?

Random thought. Do you have any mirrors or reflective surfaces in or around your play area?

PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

dotdotdot
Honored Guest
Yes, correct. 

I do have mirrors, and I have tried covering them up with still no luck. I have an open ticket, I am partially convinced my headset is faulty. I just tried to set this up with only one sensor without the hand controllers and neither sensor detected the headset when I got to the part to move the headset around the play area. 

dotdotdot
Honored Guest
Support just gathered my logs and info, I'll post back here if anything changes.

dotdotdot
Honored Guest
I am still waiting on support, meanwhile going to do a fresh install of Home. Can anyone interpret the log files? I'm trying to look over the analysis myself. Thank you in advance.

dotdotdot
Honored Guest
I am getting these errors in logs consistently:

Catastrophic error occurred: No IN reports received on MI:0, count = 3. Triggering HMD reboot...
[Service_2017-03-27_01.59.05.txt] 27/03 01:59:18.596 {!ERROR!} [OAFInterface] GetHMDInfo: USB Host Info was not available

Unable to access process for pid 1936 The parameter is incorrect. (1971052)
[Service_2017-03-27_01.40.41.txt] 27/03 01:40:44.602 {!ERROR!} [AppTrackerManager] Failed to get job handle for pid: 1936

dotdotdot
Honored Guest
Problem solved, bought the recommended USB card. 

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Wow... really? It was a bandwidth problem? 😞 Sorry you had to throw money at it to fix the issue.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?