cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant login since FB account merger

LawnMowerMan2017
Honored Guest

Booted up to update Oculus app. I use a CV1. App said i needed to merge account with my FB account. I have done this but takes me round in a loop back to the login 'continue with facebook' or 'have an oculus account' - none of which seem to work and cant get in. 

How can i get this sorted please?

5 REPLIES 5

Warbloke
Superstar

I too am currently locked out of an old an unused facebook account, havnt even got as far as merging yet.

Ill offer the same advice I was given,   raise a support case with Oculus support.
Unlike me searching for ages in Facebook help and going round in circles finding no solution, finding no contact email, chat or phone number etc, I raised a support case here and Oculus support responded the same day asking a few questions like email address, Oculus serial number etc... they then responded quickly again to say thanks and that they would pass it to someone to look into.
I still wait but now have hope.

Ps - to save you looking for it, on the CV1, if you dont still have the box handy.... The serial number you will need is on the inside of the right plastic strap, near where it joins onto the visor part.  Easiest way is to point your phone camera at the little QR code at the same place and have it tell you the serial. 

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

Locin99
Honored Guest

I have this exact same issue.  I merged my accounts and now I cannot logon via FB or Oculus.  FB account is fine but im in an endless loop at logon. I have a GO, Quest (one) and Rift not that hardware should matter.

Warbloke
Superstar

Did you also just update the app?  If thats the cause Id expect lots of folk going to have the same issue (in which case its good as it's fix get a lot of attention 

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

HobGobHoser
Honored Guest

I am also stuck in an endless "Continue with Facebook" loop. I was logged out by the app and now cannot log into Oculus app. Can I request my account be unmerged so that I may try remerging the account. I have been locked out for a couple days now.

Have the exact same issue. And support are telling me to contact Facebook for support. Thats pretty funny, thought Oculus was a Facebook company

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?