cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting/Livestreaming error. Because a new stream, cast, or capture was started.

kosmosyt
Honored Guest

I keep getting this error everytime I try to cast. Same error when trying to cast to pc, iphone, or android phone. Ive tried deleting oculus app and redownloading and it didnt help. I even tried factory resetting the quest 2 and it still comes up with this issue when I try to cast to anything. I am on the same wifi network on all devices.

57 REPLIES 57

I'm having the same issue and tried resetting and restarting tv, router/modem and on AT&T fiber, but I can cast anything else to my Vizio smart tv.

Good day! 

We see here you're unable to properly cast your headset to your Vizio smart TV. Honestly this can be frustrating, so let us look over a few things. 

Before we start, please give yourself a pat on the back for taking the time to work on these troubleshooting steps. You doing this will help us narrow down to what further steps we will have to take. 

Now typically, with casting TVs with built-in Chromecast or other smart functionality may be supported, but compatibility can't be guaranteed with all models. When you're trying to connect your headset to your TV, are you able to see an error notification. Also we don't want you missing out on important details regarding 'Casting', so we would like to provide you with this useful link here: https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/in-vr-experiences/oculus-features/cast-with-quest-2/.

If so, please feel free to share a snapshot of this error with us. We really want to get down to the bottom of this for you, so we would love to hear an update on this matter. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

OK, this is with regards to the specific error "Casting/Livestreaming error. Because a new stream, cast, or capture was started." 

I have chatted into Oculus Support and they said that the Oculus Quest 2 (and perhaps other Oculus devices with Casting Capabilities) had an update to start using Chromecast.  To me, that implies that you literally have to own a Google Chromecast device plugged into a TV in order to stream again.

I have a Vizio TV that, since December 25th, 2021 has been able to stream to from the Oculus Quest 2.  It was not until just over 3 weeks ago when suddenly NOTHING I tried to stream to worked.  Can't even stream to the Oculus App.

I fully believe and expect that Meta did something in an update that broke Streaming across the board for a ton of owners and isn't fully owning up to this at all.

Please do something!  

Hey there! 

We wanted to check in with you. We had the pleasure of conversing with you regarding you being unable to cast your headset. We wanted to know if you have been able to successfully cast your device. 

If you're still running into anything, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. 

We will always be here to assist you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ive had this very issue for months now. Every time I cast to my firestick (paid app Airscreen), it crashes after 2 to 5 min and Im never able to get it to keep casting without it crashing and showing this error message. 

Having the same problem as everyone else on this thread and no solution has been identified.

Error code reads that a cast error has occurred because a new stream, cast or capture has been started.

I've closed out all devices I used for casting before that had no issues.....so all windows and log ins should be gone.  I've reset all devices at least once....and I still get the error message.....except for my phone.  I can cast on my phone....but that incredibly frustrating for my boys to watch on that because of the size.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Same time frame and error. T I thought maybe an update messed things up. Even bought a chrome cast to try to cast to tv and that doesn't work either. 

Thanks for that info, I was debating on getting one and trying it out.  That cancels out the idea that it's the TV even more.  I hope they fix this soon.  Did a factory reset on both TV and headset and that was enough of a pain having to download and login everything again 😞

ajlindy
Explorer

As a recap:  I chatted into Oculus Support about this.  I was EVENTUALLY told that they made a change that made the Quest 2 (at least) use Chromecast.  This has broken ALL casting except, as far as I can tell, to your Facebook page and the Oculus App (as long as both your Quest and your Mobile Device are on the same network).
Error is "Casting/Livestreaming error. Because a new stream, cast, or capture was started."

Factory resets of Quest 2 do not work.  Resets of the Devices you are trying to stream to do not work.  This was specifically an issue at least since June 22nd when I believe Meta pushed an update that broke Streaming for A LOT (if not all) of people.

Please acknowledge this and please fix it.  Believe it or not, children of a young age who suddenly can't show off for their peers/parents LOSE INTEREST IN THIS NOVELTY HARDWARE.  Fast.  This Quest 2 has literally not been used since they found out they couldn't stream to the TV.  And don't come at me.  They're children.  They are shallow by definition.

Z_Swazy
Honored Guest

Just opened and set up my new Oculus 2 and was excited to cast. Sure enough I received this error, proceeded to troubleshoot for over an hour and thankfully found this forum confirming I’m not the only one! 

Hoping a patch is pushed out soon to address this, otherwise I’ll be happily returning my Oculus 2 that essentially isolates me from any other person in the room.