I am unable to cast to any device. I have tried using the oculus.com/casting website. I have tried using the mobile app. Whenever I select the option to cast, I immediately get the error "Casting/Livestreaming error. Because a new stream, cast, or capture was started." I have reset my Quest 2 and my laptop. I have cleared cache and cookies on my browser. Still getting the issue. My niece is very disappointed and doesn't want to play the Quest 2 if we can't watch her. Is this a known issue? What is being done to address this?
Hey there, Mike! We would love to help you out with this casting issue so that you guys can get back to watching your niece play! So that we can look into this, we would suggest reaching out to our support team with your logs so that they can look into this for you.
Here are the steps on how to gather your logs:
1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
* The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
Once you've gathered your logs, can you please send them to our team along with the troubleshooting steps you've tried as well. Our team should be able to help you out with this!