cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting No Longer Works

Roky360
Protege

Hi,

I have a Quest 2 and a Samsung S7 Plus tablet. When i first purchased both and up until recent updates of headset and app i used to be able to cast from the headset to the tablet. since recent updates i can no longer cast successfully. The circle spins, it is about to load the casting screen and then it jumps back to the home screen. I have tried reinstalling the app and have made sure everything is up to date. It simply wont work anymore, i dont know if it is a bug, i have checked both are on the same network, i have tried forgetting networks and reconnecting my wifi on both devices. The same was also happening with my Samsung phone but forgetting wifi fixed it but not on the tablet.

Does anyone have a fix or can this be looked into? As i say it all worked great until a recent update.

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Hey there! Thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention. If you could please go ahead and contact support so that we can further assist you. When submitting a support ticket, please make sure to include all details regarding your issue. Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, I have already contacted Oculus support regarding the issue and was told to post on the forums. The issue is still there, i can cast sound but no picture. This used to work fine and then one day just stopped working completely. I have reset the tablet and tried on an older device, also a samsung and casting worked on the older device. It seems to be an update that has caused the issue with this specific model of tablet.

Hi, did you ever get casting to work with your Quest 2 with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Plus tablet? I still have the issue?

Did you ever fix this issue? I'm still having the issue of sound but no picture.

Hey there, Did you ever get yours working?

Roky360
Protege

Update*

Contacted Oculus support...

Reset headset, reset tablet, installed latest app, sent video of issue...

Still not working on flagship Samsung tablet.

Told they will investigate, not holding my hopes to high.

Unfortunately still the same. I was told the same by support, filled out numerous bug reports, waited patiently... nada. Still audio but no video.

Yes the same, have been told by Oculus to contact Samsung, because it must be a Samsung Update that caused this, although it stopped working directly after i updated the Oculus App and Headset. I don't think we will ever solve this one.

This is so frustrating... It is very clearly an Oculus issue, what use is contacting Samsung, they are not the ones who coded the app... The struggle continues...

Roky360
Protege

@FirstCompetenceVRThere is also other threads about Samsung Tablets not connecting not just the S7 that worked one minute and not the next. They say to contact support but when you do they don't know how to fix it and send you back here. Might just get a Pico 4 😉 Haha Lol

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Oculus-app-won-t-show-camera-for-quest-2-cas...