cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Oculus Id e-mail address

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I change my Oculus Id e-mail address?
29 REPLIES 29

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can't. Just create a new account with your new email address.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously. You need to get this together. You are about to release a major thing to the world and you're telling me that when someone change their e-mail address everything on their Oculus Home account have to go because they need to create a new account?

Good to know we have Steam where an e-mail change is possible - and when I think about it, any other account I have.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry. The system wasn't designed to support this, though it's understandably a legitimate request. It is something that may be added later down the road, but probably not in the immediate future.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Ruudscorner" wrote:
Seriously. You need to get this together. You are about to release a major thing to the world and you're telling me that when someone change their e-mail address everything on their Oculus Home account have to go because they need to create a new account?

Good to know we have Steam where an e-mail change is possible - and when I think about it, any other account I have.

Steam didn't have that feature either at the start. ^__^ just takes time!

Anonymous
Not applicable
"cybereality" wrote:
Sorry. The system wasn't designed to support this, though it's understandably a legitimate request. It is something that may be added later down the road, but probably not in the immediate future.

Here you go:

UPDATE usertable SET email=newemail WHERE email=oldemail

You probably want to go about this in a different matter like using a unique id, but it will get the job done.

It is not like people get a new e-mail address every day, but this will happen and when it does you will get a backlog of support cases and people will be annoyed by the lack of such a trivial issue.

It wouldn't surprise my if you yourself changed all your e-mail addresses when moving from oculusvr.com to oculus.com.

My particular problem rises from the fact that I have this account that are my professional account - and when I signed up a few years ago I happen to use my personal e-mail address.

Now when the Rift is going live I want a new personal account for my regular gaming, etc. So I want to change the e-mail on this account so I can make a new personal account with this e-mail address.

Anyway, sorry for ranting and I hope you can sort this out in a fair amount of time.

TCR1
Honored Guest
Can you have more than one ID ? and is it related to your email address ? .. Still can not find HOW to send set up a NEW Post ? TCR

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can create new account with new email addresses.

New users need 1 post in an existing thread before making a new topic.

ArronKinser
Honored Guest
O

Jimmyl
Explorer
My personal email (registered to my Oculus account years ago), like all of my families accounts in same domain, is being spammed all to hell. My parents are downsizing and will soon be selling our family home (of 16 years) after which the domain was named and they will likely ditch the domain.

I've just changed the email/login easily for 100+ assorted accounts including Uplay, Steam, HumbleB, Paypal, eBay and 7 banks/credit cards.

I have spent a fair amount of money on Oculus Home as well as having kickstarter redemptions and the EVE Founders pack. Are you really saying my only options are to buy all of that again or pay monthly fees to support a domain and mailbox I do not need?

Come on guys, email addresses can be long term (had mine 16 years) but they are certainly not permanent.