cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Backup no longer working after "Meta" account transfer.

Matau228
Explorer

I was attempting to do my regular check-in to make sure my cloud backups were up-to-date when I was notified that I had to switch to the "Meta" account from my Facebook one.

After having to link the headset again, it will no longer update the cloud backups, no matter how long I leave it charging and on.

I enjoy my Oculus Quest 2, but after being locked out of playing my games due to an error on Facebook's part, and having to reset my headset because of it, I would like to be sure the games are backed up on the Oculus servers as a safe place, just in case.

13 REPLIES 13

AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

Hey, @Matau228

Thank you for letting us know what you're going through. After rolling out Meta accounts, some folks have found themselves in the same boat and we're actively looking into getting cloud backup sorted.

While looking through a some responses, a few of our users have found workarounds to immediately get into their accounts and cloud backup working properly. I'll list them below, give them a shot and let us know how it goes.

• One work around is to change the password. You'll open up the app on your mobile device and change your password by following the instructions listed here.
  • Another user was able to get things sorted by changing the language in the mobile app during log in. They logged in using Dansk, then swapped back to English after they logged in and everything was golden.

This is a priority, so please keep an eye out for a official solution asap.

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

Alright, attempted both. How long does updating the cloud saves typically take? I don't want to overcharge and damage the battery.

Hi, I encountered the same problem, any solution found?

We see your having issues regarding your Cloud Backup and is not the experience we want you to have with our amazing VR devices. We want to get you back to the awesome world of VR which is why we will provide a few steps you can do! 

If not, please go ahead and try the following: 

• Restart the headset
  • Change networks
  • Clear Bluetooth cache and re connect and re-pair to app

Additionally, if the issue persist please let us know so we can get you the help you deserve! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi again. We just wanted to follow up with you and see if you were able to attempt the troubleshooting steps that we suggested. 

We look forward to providing further assistance if necessary. Please get back to us at your earliest convenience.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

In all the time I've have my Q2 (+1.5 years) and now my Quest Pro, whole I've had the backup to cloud option enabled when I go into my device details on my PC account I never see that there has ever been anything saved.  All my games are listed and it does say which of them supports cloud saves.

Since I mainly play PCVR and most those games have their own save options, it's not that big a deal, for me anyway.  No way I'm going to screw around with account passwords and the like just for that, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I'm not sure if this was the whole fix, but drained my Quest's battery to about 20%, turned it off and left it until fully charged. I turned it back on while plugged in, and left plugged in for four hours at which point it finally updated all my cloud saves.

This hasn't been a catch-all, since it still hasn't made a Bonelab cloud save, but all others stay up-to-date now.

I've also connected my Quest to my PC to copy the saves over (generally in Android/data/GAME_NAME]/data/saves or similar), it's a bit janky, and any time you get into your Oculus's Android files there's the possibility of messing something up.

Finally, I use sideqxxst to force doing the cloud backup. It will not conduct the cloud backup automatically with any trials. For your reference.

Same here with Quest 2 and pro. How did you manage with sideqxxst to get backup done?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?