cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code request

TarBender-1184
Honored Guest

After setting up my Meta account and opting to keep my Facebook connected to my Quest2. I now have a screen that says….

use this code to connect to your headset, then it says an error has occurred please try again. I click the resend code button and it says ‘fetching code’ for less that a second and nothing is sent. I cant do anything on my Oculus now all I get is the code screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@TarBender-1184 @Pezzy6273 Alright no worries guys, this is something we've been seeing and are currently working to fix. 

With that being said, there is some things we can test out.

For starters, could you make sure you're logged into the right account on Secure.Oculus.com/my/devices

Head over to auth.Meta.com/settings on your phone or PC and log out. 

Next, just login with either the Facebook or Oculus account you used to set up your headset/Meta account. 

Please let me know if that does anything for you guys.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Pezzy6273
Honored Guest

I have exactly the same problem.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! We see you are experiencing a code pairing issue. Many of our users are experiencing this issue after the Meta account rollout. At this time, we do not have the solution for the issue, however our engineering team is currently working on the issue. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@TarBender-1184 @Pezzy6273 Alright no worries guys, this is something we've been seeing and are currently working to fix. 

With that being said, there is some things we can test out.

For starters, could you make sure you're logged into the right account on Secure.Oculus.com/my/devices

Head over to auth.Meta.com/settings on your phone or PC and log out. 

Next, just login with either the Facebook or Oculus account you used to set up your headset/Meta account. 

Please let me know if that does anything for you guys.

I tried those step and I'm still seeing the same behavior, unable to pair with the headset.

Alright, thanks for the update. 

As for now, we suggest using this thread to post any other information you may have or things you all have tried for this issue, to see if we can figure something out with all of this. 

Hello drock5k. Thank you for contacting us. We understand that you're having pairing your device with our app due to you needing an update . No need to worry, we're here to help!

This an ongoing issue. Our engineers are working hard to resolve this issue  as quickly as possible. Please submit a support ticket so that we can look further into this.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I've turned on/off Wifi/Bluetooth, changed wireless networks (2.4 & 5), logged off from the app, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and reset the headset. I also have a ticket in with support on the issue. If there's something else that might be helpful to try, let me know.

leroy.123939
Honored Guest

I'm having the same problem. Frankly I tired of dealing with this **bleep**. All I want to do is play the gamesi have payed for. I must have 15 hours trying to figure this thing out. I bought a glorified face book machine. It's crap

NTroxell14
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue!! Ended up having to get a new phone...so re-downloaded my app. The headset says to enter the code when prompted,  anddd I haven't gotten any prompts ..and can't figure out where to put the code. So I basically can't play my oculus now.