cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer is loosing connection to the router after a few minutes when the Oculus software is running

Bennix
Honored Guest
Hi there,

I bought a Rift S 3 weeks ago and since installed the oculus software my pc is loosing the connection to my router and with that to the internet in a few minutes. Why i'm certain the oculus software is causing this problem? Because the problem only occurs when the oculus software is running. When i kill off the oculus software through the taskmanager my pc has no problem with the internet whatsoever.

Uhm, yeah. Help? If more Information is needed from my side i'm happy to provide it.
4 REPLIES 4

sraura
Heroic Explorer
What kind of router? Is it connected to usb or ethernet port ?

Bennix
Honored Guest
Uhm, great somehow my answer got deleted while editing it. Forum software seems to be as competent as the rest of oculus software. /s

Router is T-com Speedport Smart 3.
My PC is connected to it normally through tethering with my android phone. Tried both my Huawei Mate9 and my Samsung Galaxy GrandPrime. Both loose connection to the router after 2 to 15 minutes. To reconnect i have to turn the wifi off and on again on the phones.

For testing purposes i'm now connected to a TP-link RE450 repeater. But here again the connection is lost after 2 to 15 minutes. Only way to reconnect is to restart the repeater.

For clarification:
router->wifi->phone->usb->computer
or
router->wifi->repeater ->ethernet->computer

Connecting directly to the router with ethernet is not possible in my home. No way to do that. But that wasnt nescessary so far either way.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Ok... My initial thought was might be usb related power management issue as when you start oculus, power plan changes from balanced to high performance. Some weird setting in high performance plan might play part. However after reading your connection details, that theory went out of the window.
I can not see any other valid reason to behavior you described than that router cuts the connection when oculus software is running. It is pretty much only thing what explains why you have to restart the repeater or reconnect to router with your phone.
If you can access your router as administrator, you might find direct logs there or at least some setting which causes the issue.
Obviously I might be wrong, but might be worth investigating...

edit:
if the wifi box is separate device, the issue might lie there also. Oculus downloads are rather big and servers are fast. This might cause issues on certain wifi connections/devices which still work fine with lighter load. As one troubleshooting step you could try limiting download speed from oculus application to really low value like 128kb/sec and see if problem vanishes.

also related to deleted forum post... --> link

Bennix
Honored Guest
The router is an all-in-one device. So no extra device apart from the router itself. Never had hiccups with big and fast downloads from eg steam either.
But going through the logs of my router seems to be a good idea, might find something useful. Thank you for your help so far.

Nonetheless, i'm pretty underwhelmed on the softwareside of the oculus rift s. I feel like a beta tester. Not that someone important will ever read this. Just for the record, i guess. :neutral: