cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about recent email

philgames
Honored Guest
I got the email today that pre-orders would start coming by April 12th and that shipping from any pre-orders before April 1 are free. Cool

Only bad thing is, my original estimated ship date was July. So I planned my finances to be able to afford the Rift at July and not April. There is simply no way for me to afford it by the 12th.

Is my place in line still July or April now? Because it would really suck to be saving up money for the HMD only to lose my place in line and have to take an even further place out in line now.
3 REPLIES 3

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Your order is still likely June.  The email said that you will have more information about your delivery date on April 12th.  It did not say your order would arrive on that date, nor should you expect to be charged prior to Oculus sending you an email like the 1-3 week email many of us have posted on this forum.

Hope it helps!  Cheers,
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

cybereality
Grand Champion
April 12th is for a status update, totally independent of shipping.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

philgames
Honored Guest
Whew, thanks for the reassurance guys 🙂