cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Oculus rift to laptop with only USB-C connections

ColinvanRooyenVR
Honored Guest

Hi

I recently got a Dell Precision laptop, which does have the minimum processing requirements to run the Rift.

The problem I have is that the new laptop only has USB-C ports, and when using the Dell DA20 USB-C to HDMI adapter that came with the laptop, it will not find the HDMI connection in the setup on the Oculus App. 

Strange enough, the rift has the white light and also displays the desktop, but I am unable to go to the next step to setup the sensors. 

Any help would be great!

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, ColinvanRooyenVR! We understand your laptop meets the minimum requirements to run the Rift. The Rift needs a DisplayPort to make full use of its capabilities. We do not recommend the use of any converters unless it is a mini DisplayPort converter that we also put in the box. We generally recommend the use of a PC with the Rift and you can find a list of our recommendations here: https://www.oculus.com/rift-s/oculus-ready-pcs/

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!