cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnection with Oculus Link since the last update!

Playsianer
Level 3

Hello, everyone Since the last Oculus update, I have had constant disconnections with my quest. As soon as I activate Oculus link and want to start a game, the HMD loses the connection to my PC and I am back in the Oculus menu, which shows that the Oculus link is available. Then I start oculus link again and the same problem happens again and again until it finally works. I haven't changed anything in my setup. I even reinstalled the older graphics driver and tried different USB ports and checked whether the standby function was deactivated for all USB ports. I can't find any solution and everything worked fine before the last update. Does anyone have the same problem and maybe a solution?

3 REPLIES 3

Bunford10
Level 2

Having the exact same issue, lost my temper. 
Someone please help us.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello, thank you for bringing this to the community. We understand how inconvenient this is to you and would love to help! To get started could you please reply to this thread with answers to the following probing questions. 

PC Requirements?

Processor:

Graphics card:

Memory:

Operating system:

USB ports:

Does the headset work when not connected to a PC?

Have you been using USB 3.0 cables?

What happens when you test connecting your Oculus to your PC with minimum connections? (Preferably just keyboard and mouse)

What happens when you try connecting to other USB ports?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks for the answer.

My PC Specs: Nvidia RTX 2060 with newest driver

32 GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10 with latest updates.

"MSI MPG Z390 Gameing Plus" motherboard

Intel® Core i7-9700KF 8x 3.60 GHz

USB 3.1 Gen 1, USB-C Gen2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 1 x USB-C Gen 2 + 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 + 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 + 2 x USB 2.0 + 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1

"Does the headset work when not connected to a PC?"

Yes!

"Have you been using USB 3.0 cables?"

Yes! Using the same cable for over one year, works great.

"What happens when you test connecting your Oculus to your PC with minimum connections? (Preferably just keyboard and mouse)"

Same problem

"What happens when you try connecting to other USB ports?"

I connected my Qculus Quest to one of my front USB ports today and the Oculus Link lost the connection every time I moved my head in the Oculus menu. Steam VR was not active at the time. At some point it worked again but the sound in the game stuttered, so I disconnected the USB connection and reconnected the Oculus Quest on the same USB port. After that, the quest were no longer recognized by my PC. So I used the USB port on the back of my PC again. Exactly on the connection on which I have only had disconnections for the last few days. Suddenly this connection worked again and I was able to play with a stable connection again. I have the feeling that it might have something to do with the new Oculus software and the new usb drivers from Microsoft that were updated on 09/25/2021

Many thanks for the help