cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnects/reconnects. Now It's locking up my system.

Mechlai
Honored Guest
My rift dk2 has been having an issue with disconnecting and reconnecting to windows since the 0.8 update, but it's even worse in 1.3 since it completely freezes my pc.

Once every 10 minutes, or every hour or so. (very random) my dk2 will go black and my pc will make the disconnect sound, then it will attempt to reconnect, but it will always make me have to force quit the game.

I've tried replacing the HDMI cable, but I still get the same issue. It can't be the outlet because I use that HDMI port for my cintiq and it works fine.

I have a new motherboard aswell, so it shouldn't be my usb ports. a Zeta z170a pc mate motherboard by msi. The Oculus pc port checker gave me the thumbs up on all accounts. I have a gtx 970 and an intel i5 6600k unlocked processor. I've tried different usb ports, but no luck there either.

Not only will this sometimes cause my game to crash, but since the 1.3 update, a disconnect like this will cause my entire computer to freeze and have to be manually shut down. Only the visuals freeze though. it doesn't seem to affect things like skype or teamspeak. Only affects video and whatever program I'm running at the time.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've tried asking this question a few times, but I can't find anyone with this specific issue.
0 REPLIES 0