cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted support for Defective Oculus / No answer

jun_ishiwata_5
Honored Guest
So i was happy to receive my Oculus Rift after a few days and couldn't wait to unbox it. After i pulled out the headset i noticed a weird noise behind the glasses. It sounded like a screw being loose behind it. I still wanted to check if my unit was ok and followed the setup guide but was surprised by the HDMI not connecting. I checked online to see if other people had the same issue and corresponded to follow the usual fixes.
  • Check the HDMI connector inside the headset (Not loose)
  • Check the HDMI connector on my 1080ti  card (Works)
  • Uninstall drivers with DDU and re-install new drivers 
  • Uninstall Oculus drivers and re-install
Anyway i did the whole thing. Nothing worked. So i assumed it was cause of the "loose screw" noise inside my headset that i was unable to connect. After that i made a ticket and contacted the support team 3 times which hasn't reached out to me but they did do the effort of changing my tickets status to SOLVED. It's not solved Oculus ... My defective unit is laying on my desk like paperweight.

I would like to return my defective unit and get a replacement. I don't want a refund cause i would really like to be able to ACTUALLY USE IT.

If anyone is wondering if my pc spec's are adequate : 
I9 9900k 
asus z390 maximus xi code
EVGA 1080ti
32 gig's 3200mhz ram
Windows 10 pro 64bit

I hope we can resolve this issue immediately.

1 REPLY 1

Richooal
Consultant

I hope we can resolve this issue immediately.

That won't happen.

Opening multiple tickets for the same problem won't make support quicker. All it does is increase the mess that support have to dig through to get to the problems that need addressing.

If you opened multiple tickets with me, I'd probably close them all too.

So, if you still have one open ticket, relax, sit back and wait for the response. Nothing you do (other than clearly following support requests) will speed things up.

I suspect there's more than one screw loose here.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.