cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller LED light won't go off

Alyeska66
Honored Guest

I noticed a few days ago my right controller LED light remains lit.  The controller worked so I didn't think it was an issue.  However, today I notice that it is on 24/7 and has drained the battery.  Anyone know how I can fix this issue?  I unpaired and removed the battery for 15 minutes.  As soon as I reinstall the battery the light goes on and remains on.  I can pair the controller and it does blink during the pairing, but remains on.

6 REPLIES 6

jade8568
Protege

Battery light on what? Oculus quest 2?? The only light I ever see is on the mask itself. 

ryanmoose94
Honored Guest

Have you found a solution to this? My right controller started to do this. I fully power off my oculus quest 2 when I'm not using it and the light will shut off, but when I'm using it, the light on the right controller remains on and drains the battery much faster.

ToniDownUnder
Explorer

now that you mention this, I have had to replace the right controller battery more often than the left. They were fairly even at the start.

AustinGamingYT1
Honored Guest

you can buy a replacement right controller on the official website

Hey there! We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your right controller. We understand when you are playing your Quest 2, the light on the controller stays on. We would highly recommend that you place a support ticket with us so we can resolve your issue in a timely manner.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yeah. Good luck contacting support. After 2 hours on chat, Their solution to the issue was to make me purchase a new controller from the Out of Warranty program lol. Some customer service! Their **bleep**ty coding screws up an otherwise functioning piece of hardware and I have to buy a replacement. What a bunch of clowns. 🤡 I cancelled my Quest 3 preorder and will be reevaluating my support for meta/oculus/quest products in the future. If anyone figures out a fix please post it so that I can rescue my otherwise function controller.