cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller grip not working

jayden002
Honored Guest

For some reason my quest 2 controller grip doesn’t register that I click it, obviously this is a big issue for any games that require that grip to hold weapons like super hot 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jayden002. Thanks for reaching out. We share with your concerns regarding your controller. We're going to make sure that we get to the bottom of this and get you back to playing Super Hot 😃

For starters can we please try preforming a soft reset. you can do this by taking out the batteries for 30 seconds and re-putting them in. 

We can also try unpairing and repairing your controllers. Here are some awesome steps on how to do so:

To unpair your controllers:

1. Open the Oculus mobile app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices from the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the Oculus Quest 2 or Quest headset you currently have paired.
  4. Tap Controllers, then tap the controller that you want to unpair.
  5. Tap Unpair Controller.

To repair your Oculus Touch controllers:

1. Open the Oculus mobile app on your phone.
  2. Tap Oculus Quest 2 or Oculus Quest in the top left corner of your Oculus app.
  3. Tap Devices in the bottom right corner of your app.

4. Tap Controllers then tap Left or Right to choose which controller you'd like to pair.
  5. Press and hold the oculus icon and  buttons on your right controller or  and  on your left controller until the controller LED blinks and then lights up to finalize the pairing.
  • Once you've paired your controllers, the controllers will automatically connect to your headset each time you turn it on, if it's nearby.

If the persists can you please PM us and we can further assist you to resolve this issue. We're more than happy to assist you 🤗

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

i tried to do that but it didint work

Hey there milan06870! We get what its like getting into your game, only to get your controller not responding. Let's see what we can do to get you back into gaming.

Can you try these steps:

• Clean the controller with a microfiber cloth and anti-bacterial wipes.
  • Remove the batteries from the controller for 5 minutes.
  • Replace them with known good batteries (after the 5 minutes it will update the firmware on the controllers)
  • Does the controller light up when you replaced the batteries?
  • Un-pair and re-pair the controllers.

If these steps do not work to help your controller, please reach out to support for that one on one experience to further help you HERE.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello — I am having a similar problem, but it is the controller button getting physically stuck, in the downward pressed stage when used. Do you have any other tips I could try? Obviously this renders most games unplayable 😔

Hey @jtmichels and thank you for your patience! We understand that you're having problems with your controller being physically stuck and know how this can affect your gameplay. No worries; we'll be happy to help. In this case, our team may need to take a closer look to determine the appropriate next steps. Please get in touch with our support team by visiting this link here. We'll be looking forward to getting you back in the game!