cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller not working (quest 1)

RebekkaValentin
Honored Guest

Like many others I have an issue with one of my Oculus Quest controllers 😞 It has been three years since I bought it. I used it a lot in the beginning but for the last year and a half I haven't used it more than a few times. Now I want to play again but of course the controller is not working.... 

My right controller won't show up/pair.

I have tried: 
- Restarting the headset

- Insert new battery in the controller 
- Reconnect it on the app 

and now I have made a factory reset of my headset and the right controller still doesn't show up when I'm trying to set up the headset... What can I do? Is there anything I can do? It seems that you cannot buy a new controller for the original quest anymore???
When I bought the headset I expected that support and spare parts would be available more than a few years later. It seems crazy to me that I spend so much money on the headset and then can't use it at all anymore. 

Please help! I worked hard to earn the money for the headset - and as a student I can't just go out and buy a newer version.... 

- Rebekka 

6 REPLIES 6

RebekkaValentin
Honored Guest

.... I found a Oculus Rift S controller for sale online.... Is it correct that I use that for the Quest? 

Hey @RebekkaValentin You can use Rift S Touch controllers with the original Quest. However the Quest 2 Touch controllers are not compatible. I hope that answers your question.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

hazem.eltawi
Explorer

I am sorry but i am having the same case .. they just forgot about quest one and its users

Hey there, @hazem.eltawi. We know how concerning it is for controllers to quit working properly, and we'd be glad to look into this for you! Could you describe the issue in some more details for us? Once we have some more details on how they aren't working we'll be able to provide some troubleshooting for you. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for the swift response, the problem is with the controller tracking .. thanks for gorilla tag 😂 maybe the kids hit it hard on something.. i tried all the possible options .. and i am desperately looking for new controller .. with is not available on meta store since last year and the only option is used from amazon us or ebay which i dont know its condition… the message i want to deliver here .. you should keep the controller in production since you sold hundreds of thousands of this consoles and these users were one of the success elements of the quest ! ..i am happy to pay 200usd for a new one controller but i am against to have no option rather to through a good condition controller with all the games that i purchase because the model is obsolete after few years . Or at least give a tradin in option with 20% off .. i am not the only user who is having this issue and i am expecting fair resolution 

Thanks for getting back to us, @hazem.eltawi. We can definitely understand wanting a new controller instead of a used one. Currently a refurbished controller or a used controller would be the most likely option available for the Quest 1, we realize this isn't the response you were hoping for. If you'd like to look into the possibility of getting you a warranty replacement controller, just reach out to us in a PM and we'll gladly look into this for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!