cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controllers oculus quest 2 compatibility with oculus quest

leodams
Explorer

I would like to know if controllers oculus quest 2 are compatible with oculus quest ?

Because, I broken my controllers and is not possible to buy another.

Inadvance thanks for your answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

leodams
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks you for answer.

Do you know when the controllers for oculus quest will be available ?

Regards 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @leodams, The Quest 2 controllers are not compatible with the Oculus Quest.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

leodams
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks you for answer.

Do you know when the controllers for oculus quest will be available ?

Regards 

Hey, when are you guys going to release oculus compatible controllers? Are you saying that you are not supporting Oculus Quest and we should scrap the system for a VR system that supports the system with replacement components?

leodams
Explorer

Hello Guys,

I inderstanding if you brake your controllers oculus quest 1 you have to buy a new oculus 2.

Is not possible to buy another and oculus support not take account ours garantee

regards

w_benjamin
Adventurer

I think the question now is: How badly are they busted? Is it cracked, or did you blow it apart so bad you can't find all the pieces?

I blew off almost a third of the top cover in two pieces on my right hand one and was able to repair it. Cracked it down the middle in a separate incident and repaired that as well. Haven't had an issue with the repairs after 10 months.

The question now is, how do I get a replacement when they are broken. I didn't spend all the money in order to repair controllers with mickey mouse fixes - that's not my interest nor pleasure. I want to know how to get a new Quest controller so I can have my own separate from the one's my children use and break. They do not seem to be supporting the original quest hardware anymore - which is a huge mistake from a business perspective, well, from my perspective as a consumer. I would never have invested money in a console system that was going to be dumped, nor would I ever invest in a new version from the same company - as my kid has been trying to convince me to do - knowing they are unreliable and not concerned with their customer base needs and issues.

The question now is, how do I get a replacement when they are broken. I didn't spend all the money in order to repair controllers with mickey mouse fixes - that's not my interest nor pleasure. I want to know how to get a new Quest controller so I can have my own separate from the one's my children use and break. They do not seem to be supporting the original quest hardware anymore - which is a huge mistake from a business perspective, well, from my perspective as a consumer. I would never have invested money in a console system that was going to be dumped, nor would I ever invest in a new version from the same company - as my kid has been trying to convince me to do - knowing they are unreliable and not concerned with their customer base needs and issues.

leodams
Explorer

Hello
I agree that dropping support for the oculus 1 version is a commercial mistake as it suggests that they will do the same as soon as the new version is released. In addition, it would be necessary to envisage a compatibility of the accessories.

I was able to repair my controller with tape but how long will it last?