cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling my desktop while using air link

MothMan13
Level 2

So I just got a Quest 2 and enabled air link. Was really excited to see that I can see the desk top icon on the control penal and went to use my pc with that like I have done before. I remember being able to click icons and fully use my pc through oculus. But for some reason I can’t click anything. My mouse curser doesn’t show up, the virtual keyboard doesn’t work. And I have no idea how to get it to work. Don’t see the point of even allowing me to see the desktop if I can’t control it…if I have to be sitting in front of the pc I might as well take the headset off.

4 REPLIES 4

MultiMoo
Level 2

Experiencing the same thing after being able to regularly use my mouse. Saw someone on Reddit say it was a Windows update which broke it.

Annoying, since I had been postponing Windows updates until just a couple days ago. Should have kept delaying the updates!

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello, MultiMoo! Yes, we are currently having some issues with linking and Windows 11. We are aware of it and working to get it fixed as soon as possible! Please keep an eye on our blog for when that gets patched. Windows 11 isn't quite supported yet, so while we wait, we recommend using your Oculus device with Windows 10!

Oh, I have not upgraded to Windows 11 yet. I did the cumulative updates for Windows 10 that I had been putting off and it resulted in being unable to use the mouse pointer.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

We get it now! Thanks for the prompt reply, MultiMoo, great to hear back from you! We suggest making sure all drivers on your PC are up to date and running properly. if that doesn't work repair the oculus app and try rebooting your Quest 2 device. Let us know if these options work for you! 

How to repair the Oculus App: https://support.oculus.com/articles/fix-a-problem/troubleshooting-rift-s/Fixing%20a%20Problem%20With...

How to update my drivers: https://support.oculus.com/articles/fix-a-problem/troubleshooting-rift-s/oculus-rift-updates

We hope this information helps, if you're still having troubles, don't hesitate to reach back out!