cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Oculus Rift work with my Low end Laptop?

Potatobuttsuck
Sightseer
Hey there!
I'm kind of strapped for cash for getting a new pc that is recommended for vr so i'm just wondering if my computer would be even able to run it at all.
i'm not looking for anything stellar, probably about 20ish fps.
Comp Specs: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05187489

But through messing around with my processors, and with what i allow to run on my computer i am able to run games fairly decently on it (like step mania, skyrim, slime rancher, etc.) or run 3d models while sculpting that have about 1,000,000 tri's quite well. it also runs perfectly with the huion 191 graphics tablet.
I even downloaded a pirated version of beat saber to see if it would run at all, and it pulls about 90fps on just the menu screen (since i can't operate it without VR.)

So should I buy oculus to see if it works with it or not even bother?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Digikid1
Consultant
Not with that laptop it won’t. With VR you simply cannot cheap out. You need a very powerful system and most laptops just will not cut it. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Just type on the forum that you steal software and sod the devs who give up their time to make the things for us, and you expect some help........don't bother.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

falken76
Expert Consultant
First off, you suck for pirating one of our developers games.  That being said, your laptop is a piece of shit with integrated gfx so it won't work.  You'll need to drop real coin on a computer to get VR to work.  I would suggest a desktop, you'll get way more bang for your buck.  Hopefully if you get this, you actually buy software, otherwise I hope you get caught.

Potatobuttsuck
Sightseer
I was just downloading it to see if it would even run, and then actually pay for it after I got oculus, but thanks anyway

Potatobuttsuck
Sightseer
And oculus, here are the pirated copies if you want to take them down: http://m.thepiratebay.org/search/beat+saber/0/0/0
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?