cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling Audio

NYANWEEGEE
Honored Guest
I've tried changing ports, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling Oculus, screwing the headphones in, several restarts, changing audio conditions and sample rates, nothing. Is there a magic fix out there? Or is Oculus Team already working on a fix?
7 REPLIES 7

YoLolo69
Trustee
Do you have the problem immediately when using Rift or it come after a while? Mine came after a while so I knew it was software, and changing sampling rate to CD quality (be sure to do it for the Rift, I made a first attempts by wrongly changing sampling rate for one of my other audio outputs) fixed the issue.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Thmoas
Rising Star

YoLolo69 said:

Do you have the problem immediately when using Rift or it come after a while? Mine came after a while so I knew it was software, and changing sampling rate to CD quality (be sure to do it for the Rift, I made a first attempts by wrongly changing sampling rate for one of my other audio outputs) fixed the issue.

I also have audio crackling when using certain USB ports and certain USB cables, though everything else works fine. Will try this, thanks!

NYANWEEGEE
Honored Guest

YoLolo69 said:

It came after, I've had my Rift for almost a year now. it may be a grounding issue

Lonzoracer
Explorer
Possible Fix:

I also had these constant audio issues (crackles) with my Oculus Rift, tried all sort of things like using different USB ports (2.0 & 3.0), powered USB hubs, reinstalled Oculus Software, uninstalled Rift Audio driver etc. and finally FIXED IT by rolling back the Rift audio driver:

This is how it's done (step by step):

Left click the Windows Start Icon at the bottom left of your screen, open Device Manager - unfold Sound, video and game controllers - right click Rift Audio - choose Properties - chose tab Driver - click Roll Back Driver.

Windows 10 then rolled back to this driver: 
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 11/04/2018
Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

No more crackling audio, no matter what USB ports I use 🙂

I hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was getting annoyed by this then realised it was the crackling sound of the fireplace in the oculus home in the background.

Meatballmachine
Explorer
Sadly guys, this is also a major issue with the oculus Quest. They said they would patch to fix it 6 months ago, Online audio is still a hot crackling noisy mess.

TERMINATOR-SSD
Honored Guest

When playing games on PC via the Link cable i get some audio crackling. I get this even when i plug in my own ear buds or using the deluxe audio strap headphones. I was told that changing the Sample Rate to 44100 Hz 'cd' instead of 48000 could help with the issue. But when i go into the device settings to try and change this in Windows the box is grayed out.

Anyone know how to change this ?