cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defense Grid 2 VR won't start

Anonymous
Not applicable

Defense Grid 2 refuses to start from Oculus Home.There is no error message and it just takes me back to Oculus Home after a few seconds of showing the DG2 splash screen.

Any ideas? The administrator at the game maker's support forums claims that it's Oculus' fault:

"There is no fix for it as it isn't a game code problem. The problem described has been identified as an authentication problem with ownership via the Oculus authentication. The game starts to run and gets stuck because Oculus doesn't recognize it as purchased. Restarting the Oculus app or restarting your computer has so far been the way it has resolved for people who have purchased the game."

http://forum.hiddenpath.com/forum/hidden-path-forums/defense-grid-2-enhanced-vr-edition/17511-game-w...

I restarted Oculus Home five times in a row and rebooted my computer multiple times, to no avail.

I even re-formatted my hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 10, the previous stable NVIDIA driver (368.39), Oculus, Defense Grid 2 VR, etc.

And still... It won't start :S

What could be wrong?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Tranquil789
Explorer
Did you purchase the game from the Oculus store? You want the Enhanced VR Edition.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you purchase the game from the Oculus store? You want the Enhanced VR Edition.

Yes, I bought it from the Oculus store during the summer sale.

benalden2007
Explorer
Zoide,

Are you able to play other games or apps within the oculus store on the headset?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zoide,

Are you able to play other games or apps within the oculus store on the headset?

Yes, everything else loads and works perfectly  😕

wraakh
Honored Guest
I ended up here for the same reason as OP. Just bought it, can't start it... Everything else works fine.

Smacr16
Honored Guest
Have a similar problem. Was working, but now wont launch. I only get the loading hourglass or part of the intro screen. The developers claim its an issue for oculus. I bought this from the oculus store. Completly legit. Its a beautiful game to play. Can anybody help with ideas? Who at oculus can i contact?

TriOptimum
Explorer
You expect customer support, from Oculus? Expect a reply in 2-3 weeks asking for a log file!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried running the Oculus Home install again but choose the 'repair' option?

What are your computer specs?

cyberop5
Honored Guest
I'm having a similar problem. I can start the game, but there's no splash screen, and it never times out.  

Hidden Path Entertainment has been no help on their forums.