cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Oculus 1

MrCrowsy
Honored Guest

I have had the Oculus for what seems like years but haven't used it for months now, ever since they first spouted the forced use of Facebook that was coming. Lost interest after that as did the family.

Could someone help with resetting the Oculus 1 so it is at factory settings and my data is off there. I think I know how to delete my account, via profile?, but does this include everything?

I have seen a few posts mentioning you will be able to sign into Oculus without facebook/Meta. I assume it will not affect the Quest 1 or 2 for that matter or will it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, MrCrowsy! We're sorry to hear you are abandoning your Quest device. If you do wish to proceed with your decision you can factory reset your device via the following steps 

1. Turn off your headset.

2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Deleting your Oculus Account can be done by following the steps below 

• Click on your profile image in the top-right corner of your browser, then select My Profile.
  • On the left-hand side of your screen, click Privacy Center.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click DELETE YOUR OCULUS ACCOUNT.

There are many things in store for our quest devices in the future, so we hope you change your mind but as of now Facebook accounts are required for any oculus device. Stay updated on our blog for any new announcements that may change your mind here. (https://www.oculus.com/blog/

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, MrCrowsy! We're sorry to hear you are abandoning your Quest device. If you do wish to proceed with your decision you can factory reset your device via the following steps 

1. Turn off your headset.

2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Deleting your Oculus Account can be done by following the steps below 

• Click on your profile image in the top-right corner of your browser, then select My Profile.
  • On the left-hand side of your screen, click Privacy Center.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click DELETE YOUR OCULUS ACCOUNT.

There are many things in store for our quest devices in the future, so we hope you change your mind but as of now Facebook accounts are required for any oculus device. Stay updated on our blog for any new announcements that may change your mind here. (https://www.oculus.com/blog/

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for the information. I really enjoyed my time on the Quest and as soon as the need for Facebook is not a requirement or it's namesake I'll be back.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?