cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app not seeing controllers

Hawk_Petworth
Level 2

I have brought a couple of games from the pc desktop app store. They will randomly work on my quest 2, but since Saturday they wont start, and give a message:

"You have a pending hardware issue that is preventing you from entering VR. Please check that your headset and sensors are connected"

When i go into Device settings, neither of my controllers is connected. Both show Status: Off

If I just use my Headset to select and play a different game, the controllers work fine, it is only when trying to launch through the desktop app.

It is worth mentioning that both controllers are active in the phone app, and in the headset.

I specifically brought the Quest 2 to play Elite Dangerous and so this is quite frustrating!

2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya! When your PC can't recognize your controllers, it can definitely be a hinderance! Therefore, let's get to work. Before we attempt the more detailed fixes, take these steps to perform some simple troubleshooting: 

• First, reconnect the controller and test if the problem persists. 
  • Remove and reseat the batteries in your Oculus controller. Then check the battery levels and replace the batteries if they're low. 

If you have walked through the process but to no avail, then let's keep moving! 

1.  Repair the Oculus app: At times the improper installation of the Oculus app can lead to the malfunctioning of your VR rigs, rest assured this process is easy! 
  • Go to the Oculus Setup page and click Download software.
  • Click Yes when you're prompted.
  • Open the downloaded file and click Repair. [ Please keep in mind, this can take a few minutes for the repair to complete. Then relaunch the Oculus app to see whether your controller goes back to normal. ] 

2. Update your device drivers: 

• Manually: You can search for the most recent Oculus driver from our Support Page. Then download the driver that is compatible with your Windows version and install it step by step. 

3. Disable conflicting software: This situation can be happening due to having multiple programs running in the background and they can be conflicting with your Oculus app. 

• Right-click any empty space on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
  • Right-click any apps you're not using and click End Task. [ Please, don't end any program that you're not familiar with. It may be critical for the functioning of your computer. ]  
  • Lastly, test whether your Oculus controller does the job.  

This is a hefty amount of information, no worries, if you have any questions while working on these steps; don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Our number 1 goal is to get you back up and running! 

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again! 

We hope this message finds you well. 

We just wanted to follow up with you and see if your issue was resolved! If not, please reach back out at your earliest convenience and we can continue troubleshooting and solving the matter at hand. We look forward to hearing from you!

Warmest regards,