cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device gets hot and leaves burn marks

Bluegreen021
Honored Guest

Hello. I am needing help with my device. I need to know if it is defected. Since we have purchased it in April 2022 we barely are able to use it. It gets super hot, and starts burning our foreheads after about 10m of play leaving with a traceable mark. We have also encountered headaches, we do not play it while it is charging, we only play indoors, we really cant play it due to the discomfort. Please Help, Is this normal for the Occulus? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Bluegreen021 just choose Headset, and then whatever else you have to get the ticket processing. The selections are there to help prepare the ticket for the agents regardless of what product/reason you choose.

You will receive the same support system. Just get the ticket rolling, and stop using the device for now. It's not supposed to get hot enough to burn you.  

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously. For us to assist best, please click here to contact us and get in touch with an agent: https://metaque.st/Support

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Bluegreen021
Honored Guest

The options it suggest are none related to the device being hot. I need to be in touch with someone who can tell me if this is a defected device or if its normal to be so hot that it leaves burn marks.

Hey @Bluegreen021 just choose Headset, and then whatever else you have to get the ticket processing. The selections are there to help prepare the ticket for the agents regardless of what product/reason you choose.

You will receive the same support system. Just get the ticket rolling, and stop using the device for now. It's not supposed to get hot enough to burn you.  

Have you tried turning it off and on again?