cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Oculus website buy back the Oculus Go?

KittyLion
Level 3

I just bought an Oculus Quest - 64GB (Refurbished) from the Oculus website and it got me thinking, does Oculus buy back the Oculus Go?  Could they re-sell it as refurbished?  I'm just looking around at ways I can sell my Oculus Go and maybe recoup a bit of the money I spent since I bought it brand new and never really used it.  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KittyLion  Right, tested by Oculus.  Refurbished items are generally items that owners have returned under warranty, and/or sometimes for a refund (Oculus has a 30 day refund window).  I have got a few refurbished items in the past under warranty and they have all looked like new and worked great. 

Occasionally Oculus offers surplus refurbished items for sale, usually after a product has been discontinued (eg. recently Quest 1 units, now sold out).  These refurbished items generally only have a 3 month warranty.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

@KittyLion Oculus have never had any buy-back offers and are unlikely to do so in the future.  Your best bet is to try to sell yours on Ebay.  I don't know what it would fetch, maybe $50-100?  I still have my Go but since getting a Q2 I don't use it much.  I just keep it in a spare room and sometimes use it for web surfing and watching media (like Amazon Prime).  Once you've played 6dof VR games with a Q2, it's pretty hard to go back to the Go's 3dof.  I've actually tried giving away my Go for free to my friends but no one wants it, lol!

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Hey TomCgcmfc, thanks for your reply.  I'm confused because if Oculus doesn't have buy-back offers then how do they sell refurbished items?  I mean where would they get them other than previous users, right?  Please correct me if I'm wrong but a refurbished item means that it was previously returned to a manufacturer or vendor, then tested for functionality and defects before they are sold to the public, right? Hmmm, so where do they get refurbished items? I'm stumped. 

@KittyLion  Right, tested by Oculus.  Refurbished items are generally items that owners have returned under warranty, and/or sometimes for a refund (Oculus has a 30 day refund window).  I have got a few refurbished items in the past under warranty and they have all looked like new and worked great. 

Occasionally Oculus offers surplus refurbished items for sale, usually after a product has been discontinued (eg. recently Quest 1 units, now sold out).  These refurbished items generally only have a 3 month warranty.

View solution in original post

Hi TomCgcmfc, Thank you again for the reply.  I have a clearer understanding of what you are saying.  It sounds like Oculus does have refurbished items (likely from warranty returns) and like the refurbished Quest that I bought but Oculus does not offer a buy-back program for their previous products.  I appreciate you explaining it a bit better the second time.  I will look at third-party sites like eBay, Amazon, and OfferUp to sell the Oculus Go.  It's a discontinued item and it looks like it's getting a pretty good resale price.  Thank you!