cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to fix audio delay on the quest?

TaylorBee_like123
Honored Guest

Ever since I ever started playing Vr, I've noticed that there has been a 2-3 second delay in my mic and it causes me to cut people off when they talk. My settings are correctly adjusted and I have searched and there is no other person who relates to this problem. Any advice on how I can fix this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hey there @TaylorBee_like123 here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to see if it resolves the issue:

1. Reboot the headset

2. Test with multiple games/apps

3. Reset the Microphone:  Settings > System > Sound > Toggle Microphone

• Make sure the volume is not muted or turned down too low. You can also try headphones to see if there's a difference.
  • Make sure your Headset is up to date.  You can do that either through the app or the headset itself.

Last resort is a factory reset.

Please let us know if any of those steps helped

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I used Bluetooth headphones but the result did not solve the problem. I've tried everything else listed but the factory reset. Maybe plug in headphones would work better ya think? 

There is an inherent delay of roughly half a second with bluetooth headphones so they are best avoided. Your voice will always take a little time to reach other people, with the delay partly down to how busy the various networks between the two of you are, plus a little due to the digitisation process.

Cerm_Cerm
Honored Guest

this delay happens due to a flaw with the Bluetooth built into the headset, to save its performance from dropping too much as it already has, replacing the Bluetooth chip wont do anything, as the OS also mainly tells the chip to do this so power is saved, its not a problem, its just a feature.

i got this from looking up why the bluetooth is delayed on my headset, wrong topic, sorry lol

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?