cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy way to find new purchases?

cybernettr
Superstar
 Yesterday, I purchased a few games from the oculus app on my iPad.  Today, I decided to download  my new purchases in advance while my gaming PC was standing idle. I clicked on notifications in the oculus app, and saw the apps that had just received updates, but I did not see my new purchases. Then I remembered that in the past when making purchases on another device, I had to search through ALL of of my installed items in the oculus app (of which there are quite a few) to find the ones that have not been downloaded yet – they did not  appear in the notifications! I tried clicking on the various sort buttons at the top of the library window (recent, A-Z, size, location, comfort) but none of them showed only purchases that have not been downloaded yet. Is there not a way to do this?  
8 REPLIES 8

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
New purchases can be seen easiest here on the Oculus Website. While logged in at Oculus.com simply click on your avatar at the top right and select "My Orders"

New Orders should always be at the top of the list no matter how you purchased them.

cybernettr
Superstar
Yeah, but how do you download them? Although they've been purchased, they're not auto-downloading, nor are they appearing in Notifications view. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the "+" button in top right of your Library in Home Desktop. Helps if "Unknown Sources" is also ticked in Settings>General.
*Did you FILTER anything which would NOT show up?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Yeah, but how do you download them? Although they've been purchased, they're not auto-downloading, nor are they appearing in Notifications view. 

Strange I've never had this problem. I've bought things from the Oculus website and when I got home and launched OH, they would download. Regardless, if they don't auto-download then yeah... just search for the name. Fairly quick and plainly considering that the Search Bar in OH auto-fills as you type.

cybernettr
Superstar

MAC_MAN86 said:

Use the "+" button in top right of your Library in Home Desktop. Helps if "Unknown Sources" is also ticked in Settings>General.

Okay, that just has a "show all" checkbox, but all my apps were already showing, and that didn't put the new purchases at the top of the list. 

cybernettr
Superstar
Apparently, there is no way to make your non-downloaded items  sort to the top of the list.  So I had to do what I've done in the past when purchasing from my iPad on the oculus website – I had to laboriously open the confirmation emails that oculus sent me, refresh my memory on the name of each of the items I purchased, start to enter that into the search box, and then click the install button (they did not auto-download). Only then did they show up at the top of the Recent list.

If Oculus added a sort feature showing the purchased but not yet downloaded items this trouble would be avoided.  If they want people to use their mobile app they should make it easier to find their new purchases. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

refresh my memory on the name of each of the items I purchased

Did you literally just list the process of "remembering" something you bought as a Step??

Anyway, when I first read your post I thought that maybe this was another infamous cybernettr thread where you are leading up to making a mountain out of a molehill, but I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. In the end though, you didn't disappoint.

The process of "remembering" something shouldn't be that difficult. Also, clicking on something shouldn't be so daunting a task that it feels like "labor." Far more problems going on here that just installing an App omg

cybernettr
Superstar
Oh Zenbane, you're always good for a laugh  😄