cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eduroam and oculus quest 2

Trommelaar48
Honored Guest

Hi! I connected my oculus Quest 2 to the eduroam wifi, that went fine. But now I can’t cast anymore with the app. I’m connected to the same wifi network with both devices so I don’t know what’s wrong. Can someone help me? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

ZachThorne
Honored Guest

Unfortunately I can’t help you but how did you get on eduroam in the first place? I downloaded the config from my school’s website, then tried to connect. I wasn’t sure what all the settings did so I skipped them and put in my credentials but it wouldn’t even let me hit “connect” or “continue” or whatever it is after putting in my info. Do I need to run what I downloaded somehow or are there other settings that need changing? Normally I only have to put in a username/school email and a password but this has identity and anonymous identity. Any help or link to another resource would be appreciated, I can’t seem to find any type of walkthrough or advice. 

I think it's probably because Eduroam isn't a network itself, more of an SSID layer on top of an existing wifi enterprise network. I know Chromecast devices can't work on WPA2 enterprise networks and get really fussy about things like captive portals. I don't know if the same applies to other casting devices but I expect the underlying issue is Eduroam and the way it sits on top of other networks.