cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite battery headset not charging

sj3vans
Explorer
My Elite Battery Headband is not charging or providing power to the headset.  When it is connected to the headset, the modified headset icon (with the line over it) that should show in the control panel is not there.  Only the default headset icon shows.  Is there any reset on the battery or any other troubleshooting or is this just a support ticket?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey, please do submit a support ticket by clicking here! We'll be happy to lend you a hand.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Meta has shipped me a new Elite Strap with Battery.  I expect it will arrive 8/1/23.

I'm a happy camper.  Thank you for checking in on me! 

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

KtownsF1n3st
Honored Guest
I have this same issue. It just started last night. Elite strap will not charge or charge the headset. Its like its completely dead.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey, please do submit a support ticket by clicking here! We'll be happy to lend you a hand.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CyberknightVR
Honored Guest
I am having the same issue - The Elite Strap Battery will not charge. It is not recognized by the headset I am assuming because it is dead. I just noticed tonight. I have tried different cables, power blocks, wall outlets - nothing helps. I can connect the power cable directly to the headset and charge the headset but not the Elite Strap Battery. I have submitted a support ticket - Waiting for a response. Pre-purchased items before release date of Oct 13th. Sat in boxes until Dec 24th. Only been used 2 weeks. No damage to the ports or any device. Stored in the case while not in use. The setup has been used maybe 10 times in the 2 weeks of use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too. Happened all of a sudden 

sj3vans
Explorer

I opened a case with Oculus and since it was still under warranty, they replaced it.  The new one works as expected.

I have exact same experience,  can't find fix

bshover1961
Honored Guest

I have the same issue, I opened a ticket, they told me the serial number was on a list to fix, then a month later they said it wasn't. I still have the emails, only used it for 3 months. Am I now just stuck with a strap that doesn't change. Purchased the end of November. I would of hoped Oculus would back there stuff better than this. I have 2 Oculus quest 2 now, purchased one for my wife. Now I am looking at 3rd party straps because Oculus isn't helping at all.

muskeg
Explorer

Same here.  I've tried everything.  Battery in elite strap will not take a charge, and does not show up as being attached when it is.  If I attempt to charge the headset by plugging into the head strap battery with the head strap plugged into the headset, the headset battery completely drains.