cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elite dangerous update

gpcustom
Explorer
really have enjoyed the 1st person play in this game but as of todays new update it will not load. Virus protection turned off, oculus allowed in, fire wall even turned off and time after time  again it just does not take. Any fixes out there so  far?
53 REPLIES 53

BlazerJake
Explorer

i don't have these files......?? i find oculus/software but all files are empty. there are no subfolders that match your description
Wrong drive, check the one you selected for your game installs.

gpcustom
Explorer
Aghhhhhh.  😉  Well I may not have heard from oculus, But I did hear from ED team in response to this problem which is again duplicated with todays update. Uninstall and re-install if your not technically gifted in the PC relm.  I certainly hope this is not the business as usual routine for OCULUS but I think I will sit back and see how things go with the OCULUS team(silent as they are) and see if the update gods step in before another repeat of yesterday evening.
Is this how it goes with OCULUS on all of the library purchases or is this a ED only thing condition?

b0ttini
Explorer
Caps on purpose....  HAPPENED TO ME,  JUST HAVE TO LOG INTO FRONTIERS SPLASH SCREEN !!!!!!!!!!

It was happeneing to me too.  I went to Frontiers server/spalsh screen thats there when your playing, it showed the up date in orange.  99% on oculus rift application.  I WAS FUUUKING PISSED!  but i re logged into/signed back into Frontiers page and wah lah.   

b0ttini
Explorer
I dont know if i explained it correctlly.  When you open ED,  the server screen pops up and the game in 2 diffrent windows on the task bar.  one is the game, the other is the LOG IN screen with all news and other stuff.  YOU HAVE TO LOG INTO THAT AGAIN.  so close the game window and log into frontiers again.  Its a mess, i have Steam running and discord but i got it.    Now im waiting on todays update to catch up to  Oculus ------> 04:18 , east coast time , 9/27/2017

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, after the update my audio plays through the PC speakers, not the Rift. Of course, it can be fixed by setting the default audio device in Windows, but that's annoying to change every time.

I could not find a setting in Elite to change the audio device. Help?

Siegfriedshead
Protege
I did what was said in this forum post. Delete the game folder in software and replace it with the one in staging...
I was then able to finally uninstall (I couldn't before. The bugged update didn't allow that).
I reinstalled it and was playing fine last night.
I go to fire it up today and it's trying to update again now.

If it gets stuck on 97% again, I'm guessing that it's trying to update the game after it's already been updated and that's what's borking it..
If it doesn't get stuck,  it's fixed I guess.
It's going to take a little bit since it's a big download and it's really slow right now since I'm sure a lot of people are updating it at once..

I'll post my results when I'm done.

Siegfriedshead
Protege
Nm, it just zipped through the last bit of the download and installed.
The problem is fixed.
We're on 2.4.01 now 
so it was a separate update.
All good now

Siegfriedshead
Protege

plogarn said:

Hmm, after the update my audio plays through the PC speakers, not the Rift. Of course, it can be fixed by setting the default audio device in Windows, but that's annoying to change every time.

I could not find a setting in Elite to change the audio device. Help?

Right click the little speaker in the bottom right of your task bar, go to playback devices and switch it to rift audio.
You gotta do that to hear the ship computer for voice attack. If you're not using that get it right away with an hcs voice pack. You're not experiencing the game right without voice commands with the built in rift microphone.  
Anyways, I'm sure there's another way to fix that,
but this works fine.

Just switch it back when you want your pc sound to come through your speakers again because this puts all the sound on your pc to the headset not just the game.

cristianfx
Explorer
same here.
CV1 and Touchs + 3 sensors From: Argentina

EddieChristian
Protege
Even with Anti-virus turned off it is still stuck on 97 %