cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

0Chrisc
Protege

I have the same problem with my Rift S

curtdusoleil
Explorer

What worked for me was to go into my Task Manager and end all Oculus processes manually (there were still 3 going, even though the program was closed.) When I restarted the Oculus app, the interface had updated and it gave me the login with email option, which took me to the actual Meta login page. It's all working now.

Gudmas
Explorer

Selecting English (India) language on the login screen and then login with facebook id the error went away and I was able to log on the Oculus app on pc.

This worked for me but slightly different. I shut my computer down and once I restarted it had updated so that I could login via email, which took me to the Meta login and now I have access. 

Someone mentioned opening Task Manager and closing all Oculus programs and then reopening which allowed them to login via email, which then pushed them to the Meta login. This worked for me but I had shut my computer down and then started fresh which updated the login to show email and pushed me to the Meta login. I can now access the desktop app.

Same here, have Swedish normally.

danpersons
Explorer

I received a message on my Oculus Go to do the Meta merge. After the merge, the headset is only showing a lozenge shape with three cycling dots inside. Tried to get into the Oculus app on my Android phone using my Facebook account, app is stuck at the logon screen with an animated circle. 

works for me; thanks

update: it appears to be working for me today. I did start the desktop app as an administrator

@danpersons wrote:

I received a message on my Oculus Go to do the Meta merge. After the merge, the headset is only showing a lozenge shape with three cycling dots inside. Tried to get into the Oculus app on my Android phone using my Facebook account, app is stuck at the logon screen with an animated circle. 

@danpersons   I had the same problem with my Go as well after the Meta merge.  You need to login with your new Meta account.  The solution for me was to uninstall my phone app, then reinstall it.  Log into it and use the bottom email option (one you used for your Meta account).  This allowed me to start up the phone app and then connect to the Go (menu/devices).  Once it was connected the Go started up as normal (may have needed one restart).  Hope this helps mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers