cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

gjpc
Protege

I am now up and running with these steps:

1. stop all ovr processes

2. down load rift software  scroll to rift download area 

3. run the download software linked executeable

4. perform repair

5. login with email

schwim.dandy
Honored Guest

Hello there, everyone!

I've got a quest 2 that I've set up and I wanted to use it with my Steam VR games so I did a bunch of Googling and followed the steps lined in numerous articles, downloading the Oculus software for Windows.  The issue I'm having is that it's too-old software and I should update(so says the Windows app when logging in).  The problem with that is that I can't find any newer software and the app doesn't offer an update process.  I'm downloading the app directly from the Meta website ( store.facebook . com / quest / setup/).

Can I use the headset with my Windows computer as outlined in many articles? If so, how do I manage this?

Thanks for your time!

There is currently a problem with the desktop software reporting it needs an update, but no update is available. Meta are working on it so it should be fixed reasonably quickly, although it should have both been fixed already and not happened in the first place, so what do I know.

jlopez456
Honored Guest

I registered my account thru Meta with my email and was able to log in normally as recently as 4pm EST when I began encountering the login error.

So far none of the submitted suggestions posted since seem to be working.

Any update on this? Haven't been able to sign in all day??

Gudmas
Explorer

This happened to me too.  I have Oculus Quest 2 and suddenly the Oculus app gave me this error message when I tried to log on with my facebook account.

Mr_Sukebe
Protege

The idea of closing all of the Oculus tasks in "Task Manager", then simply picking up my headset resulted in being given the correct login Page.  Login was successful and I'm now back in business.

My thanks to those who identified was has turned out to be a very easy fix!

Still have the same error on the Oculus app on the pc.  I was asked in oculus quest to connect my device on this page: https://auth.meta.com/device and I was successful.  I am not able to log on to the Oculus app, even after killing of all the oculus services in task manager.

Gudmas_1-1661381014984.png

After clicking open Oculus app from the Browser window this error message comes.

Gudmas_0-1661380945176.png

same problem here in UK have already uninstalled an reinstalled.

DthRwRecords
Explorer

Edit: 2 hours later and it’s working again. 

Having the same problem for the past hour. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?