cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerging Issue - Unable to log into Oculus App after Meta Account Merge

TheHighlander71
Explorer

Hello,

I am on Windows 10, I have an Oculus RiftS and the Oculus PC application.

I have just updated my Oculus account to a Meta account. 

When I log in to my Oculus app I get the message in the title: 

"You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue."

There's no download link and I don't know how to continue. I cannot use my Oculus Rift S at the moment.

383 REPLIES 383

OK, seems to be ok with my Q2 and Go now but my Rift cv1 still gets the warning about needing an update.  Hopefully fixed soon.  Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

WilliamOverflow
Honored Guest

Having same issue "You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue".

This worked for me too on Quest 2. Thanks for sharing!

This should be marked as the solution. And Meta support should inform this!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Tried my Rift cv1 on my other pc and while I can login to this forum and Facebook ok when I try to start up my (repaired) oculus desktop app it won’t accept my oculus email and password (which are correct).  Hopefully it’ll get fixed soon.

Edit/Update;  OK,, tried the trick about changing language on the login screen a few times and I finally got the correct meta signin option with email.  It did say I needed to go to my browser for facebook verification but I did not see anything and just ignored this.  All seems to work fine now, finally!!!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

WindRaidor
Honored Guest

I am also still impacted by this issue.  I started out with the account changes on my Quest 2 which made it through just fine.  However, my problems are when trying to use Rift Link connected to my PC.  I've tried every single suggestion that was on this forum to no avail.  

Im mentioning where my starting point was in the event that the solutions people have proposed thus far are starting from the PC side without already going through the account changes.  

Can I play in Quest 2 mode...yes.   Can I connect to my PC where my games of choice are...NO.  I've got the same red error messages everyone else is showing on the thread.  

sebastienkessler
Honored Guest

Yep, happening with me too. Glad to know its not just me right now. I'm trying to connect my quest 2 with the link cable.

WilliamOverflow
Honored Guest

Same issue, both log in method not working, using Quest 2.

QuantumMind
Honored Guest

I wonder how many people who rely on the Oculus Link for PCVR Related work just lost their job

Grobwerk
Honored Guest

For me it also worked with changing the language in oculus app from German to English UK.

Finding a simple download link for this so called, "new version" of the oculus/meta app is a lie. People have spent their money on Rift games they can no longer access. Water has nothing to do with the solution, that I know.