cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED: Rift Mic Problem with auto mute threshold level and mic level in Home1.33

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I'm excited to get back into VR after 2months off and a new forced i7 8700 buy at £1200.
In trying out E:D with VoiceAttack I find it rarely picks up anything I say.

1. The 95% level is now much lower and setting at 100% does NOT get all the volume it should have by our own choosing! (this is a PC!) yet worked ok for 3yrs before update 1.32
2. VoiceAttack shows the Rift Mic is in an Auto Mute state to cancel constant recognition. Terrible!!! 
3. If I put on the Listen to Mic it confirms there's too much of a delay to hear my first syllable even if I set recognition from 250ms to 0ms! I can hear this is also happening on the feedback loop so it's surely is not a VA issue from their v1.7 to 1.7.3
4. I found Headphone Volume to be just fine as I use ingame BOOST always but possibly has dropped a bit too due to other users saying so. We need to have a wide range of "Setting it" NOT ramp it all on 100% FFS! This is a PC!

Can you guys confirm this? I'm gonna try with my webcams mic also incase it's the built-in Realtek Soundcard doing this via software.
I've NEVER needed to use the Windows Speech Recognition setup ever for VA.
I'm a Music Studio Recording Engineer so I do know how to recognise the noise gate for the hiss from the mic switching on/off.

Just tried the Configure Mic in MS Speech Recognition setup reading "Peter prefers..." but it has not altered the noisegate threshold.
Right now - VOICEATTACK IS UNUSEABLE!

Where to prevent this AutoMute for Rift? This is a PC! If it ain't fixed then **** it!
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, calmed down. Problem fixed! Although I knew VA suggested to Run As Admin I had already set the exe to do so but I just tried running the Shortcut as Admin also and it does indeed work! HAPPY AGAIN 😉

ohgrant
Superstar
Sorry to hear you're having issues with your audio setup. I'm still waiting on stuff to arrive, still on win 7. I may have the same issues if I have to use the integrated audio. My TC interface is firewire and I'm not sure if I can get a firewire card working in Win 10. 
 I think Rift uses its own audio device. I don't think it's connected in any way to your onboard audio or the HDMI audio out. Only thing I can think of now is to check the Rift's mic status in the Windows control panel. Is it set to default? Mic level at 100? In advanced you have checked "allow applications to take exclusive control.." and "give exclusive mode..." ? 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Anonymous
Not applicable
All sorted now. It's due to games using 1 Core and robbing resources from background APPS. At present my mic setting is 100% and AGC off to not interfere all the time. I may play around with these but was in fact the Shortcut also requiring VA Run As Admin.
IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE - IT NEEDS A LOWER THRESHOLD SETTING & MORE INPUT. IT'S A PC!