cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Account banned

shadow7685
Level 2

My Facebook account that was linked to my oculus quest 2 was banned for no reason, I don’t even use Facebook and I only made it for my vr. Since my Facebook account was banned so is my oculus so now I can’t play anything and I can’t even sign in or do anything to get it unbanned. Please help 

222 REPLIES 222

@abdul.sabbouh Oh boy, that sounds like quite the conundrum.

As far as Facebook issues go, you won't really find much here on the forums. 

Your best bet would be to keep trying to exhaust your options in the Help center to see if any of those help out. 

There are a couple things I did manage to find also:

Report Compromised Account

I think my Facebook was hacked

I truly hope you're able to regain access to your Facebook soon! 

I also have a disabled fb account. I did messaged them on Twitter 3 days ago, still got no response. I also have an open ticket for a month now, they told me it could 7 days from the moment I gave the serials of my quest 2, but it seems that they are ignoring all my follow ups.

Gauguinal
Level 2

I no longer have acces to the facebook account i made my account with which means i cant login. Ps this is not the account i made with the facebook this is an account i made soci could write this because i couldnt log in with my real account

Hey @Gauguinal! We definitely want for you to be able to get into your right account, and we are happy to help!

Since we'll need to get some account info from you here, could you go ahead and send us a private message to look into this further? To contact us via PM, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Shadow7686
Level 2

I got banned on Facebook for no reason, done even use that account. Only have it for oculus. I can’t do anything on my vr now. Please help and get my account un banned 

MrVrDk
Level 2

Hi

My son, age 14 just bought Meta Quest 2 a few weeks back, works fine and has been enjoying it a lot. Yesterday he got a message that his facebook account has been deactivated by Meta/Quest due to age, which I dont see any issue with, since he is 14. Now comes the problem. He cannot sign in to facebook to change his birtdate, since that seems to be the issue. We cannot use the formular to request a review of this problem and attach he ID, and mine for that matter, to show I am his father. When we try to send the formular, it is cancelled in the process and it tells us to sign in, and get help to solve this, which we cannot since the account is disabled. This is an endless loop I cannot find any way out of. He has already bought games to the quest2, and would very much like to back to his account. When trying to go through META´s support to solve this, we still get redirected to the facebook review process, that we are not able to use. This is a huge mess. I have, from my account, reported the problem and have heard nothing from the support team yet - still a fairly new reporting 🙂

Anyone know any other way to solve this?

AsgardsFinest
Oculus Support
Oculus Support

Hello @shadow7685!

Have you tried reaching out to support yet? They can give you a hand with that. Give this link a follow to send in a chat and work with an agent. 😎

Keep in mind, they'll only be able to help with your Meta account and headset. They don't have access to Facebook accounts or processes, but can get you into your headset with access to your games while you wait for Facebook to complete their side of things.

As far as getting your Facebook account secured and under control, here's a few useful links to get you to the right folks.

Facebook Help Center - This is the main splash page. Head here for general assistance.

Recover your account - Here's something a bit more specific.

My personal account was disabled - This may be the exact page you need, give this one a shot too. 🤙

Hacked and Fake accounts - This is another useful link, specifically for when you think you may have been hacked.

I hope this helps and wish you the speediest of account recoveries!

MrVrDk
Level 2

Hi

It seems that we got the upload function working from my sons laptop, where we also created his account. Could be some cookie stuff messing with it, Problem has been solved and everything works again, So he is once more enjoying life in the wonderful world of VR, Amazing times to be a nerd,

That's what we love to hear! Nerds are the new wave 😎

I hope everything goes smoothly in the VR-verse! 🌌

Moirauwen
Level 2

Hello,

I have the same issue as described in here https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Lost-purchased-items-due-to-locked-FB-account/td-p/959526 - my FB account that was connected to my Oculus account got locked. Eventhough I tried to appeal for a review it was declined and my account is banned permanently for no reason. I did not do anything wrong but I cannot get to defend my case anywhere. Anyway I came to terms with my 15-years-lasting FB account to be gone but just today I learned that I am also forbid to play Oculus games since they are locked to the account that is no longer working. Is there please some way how to recover the games/content and have them transferred to a new account?

I can provide games receipts that I have on my email, I am also able to provide all other necessary info you might need. My old account is destiny.of.moire@gmail.com.

Thank you very much in advance