cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook account banned

Growhyst
Level 3
Hello,
After 3 unanswered tickets and Reddit messages with no more success, I decided to post here telling myself that there is a tiny possibility that a member of the Oculus staff will pass in the area and may actually be able to m 'help!

Having owned a Rift for two years, I wanted to switch to the Quest 2 about a month and a half ago. As this is now mandatory (and I think this is a bad thing as my mishap will demonstrate), I had to create a Facebook account (I never had or even wanted to) and merge my Oculus account with it.

About ten days later, I realize that my Facebook account is closed and that an inspection is launched because I would not have respected the standards (I do not see how, I had not used it ... ). After a few days without any information on the "offense" or any way to plead my case, the account is banned without any possible recourse and taking in the passage 150 to 200 € of applications that I had bought throughout these two years.

So, please Oculus team, finally do something about my problem because here we are still on the verge of a scam and if that's all the respect you have for your customers, I think that I'm definitely not going to send it out and circulate the information to as many people as possible!

PS: While waiting for a hypotetic return from you, I connected with my wife's Facebook account to at least be able to play my Steam games in link but since update 23, it no longer works ... All is fine!
9 REPLIES 9

Growhyst
Level 3
Support service, an answer please!

Morgrum
Level 11
This forum isnt exactly patrolled by support often.
The support ticket is still the best way of contacting them.
I dunno if anyone at support looks at reddit.
WAAAGH!

Richooal
Level 12
To use an electronic device and run apps on it, you should NEVER need to be locked into an account as restrictive and intrusive  as the facebook accounts. Facebook (or any other seller of hardware) does not need to know your real identity or what you do everyday in order for you to use the device.
There should always be at least 2 levels.
A basic level that allows you to use the device and run your apps on it, and an "opt in" level where you choose to sacrifice your privacy to get all those "wonderful facebook features".

These types of controlling accounts need to be stopped. All the social media sheep will one day wake up and realise what they have allowed to happen over time.

They scream like stuck pigs if the government wants their info, but happily give it to some private company, so they can post selfies and pics of their children and friends. I don't understand why.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Growhyst
Level 3

Morgrum said:

They responded to my first post on Reddit asking me to make a ticket.

But this ticket and the next one went unanswered and they've been silent since however I try to contact them, ashamed !!

MrDragonBoi
Level 3

Growhyst said:

Morgrum said:

But this ticket and the next one went unanswered and they've been silent since however I try to contact them, ashamed !!

Well, maybe try to be patient? I'm not meaning to be a little idiot, but maybe just wait a couple of days? If no reply happens, you could always submit an appeal via the Facebook support area?

jayhawk
Level 9
This is why I won't pull the trigger for a Quest 2.

Growhyst
Level 3

Growhyst said:

Morgrum said:

Well, maybe try to be patient? I'm not meaning to be a little idiot, but maybe just wait a couple of days? If no reply happens, you could always submit an appeal via the Facebook support area?

My problem has been going on for a month and to contact Facebook, you need a Facebook account (at least in France) ... No comment!

sford52
Level 7

Richooal said:

To use an electronic device and run apps on it, you should NEVER need to be locked into an account as restrictive and intrusive  as the facebook accounts. Facebook (or any other seller of hardware) does not need to know your real identity or what you do everyday in order for you to use the device.
A basic level that allows you to use the device and run your apps on it, and an "opt in" level where you choose to sacrifice your privacy to get all those "wonderful facebook features".

These types of controlling accounts need to be stopped. All the social media sheep will one day wake up and realise what they have allowed to happen over time.

They scream like stuck pigs if the government wants their info, but happily give it to some private company, so they can post selfies and pics of their children and friends. I don't understand why.

This.  Exactly this.  Honestly, nothing more needs to be said.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Kilo60
Level 4

Richooal said:

Ditto !!!

I hope Congress bans Oculus and FB from this terrible practice!

I'm in exactly the same situation on a FB account I've never used and this useless Christmas present is still under the tree with my kids begging me everyday if they can use it.

Thought it would be the perfect stay at home Covid Christmas present for them but the evil FB God has decided otherwise!!!